Application dev using VS2005

Guest kros007

Guest kros007

Hi all,

I am new to app dev on win mob platform.

I am using vs2005 and would like to dev a small app to like hello or so on win mob ppc.

i have all the sdk and stuff. I have also seen a few examples to get started.

I would like to know how to compile an app. should it be as a console app or device app.

And after executing the app, how would it show on the ppc emulator.

Could anyone gide me to a proper tutorial or so where step by step app dev is mentioned

thanks

kris

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

I am new to app dev on win mob platform.

I am using vs2005 and would like to dev a small app to like hello or so on win mob ppc.

i have all the sdk and stuff. I have also seen a few examples to get started.

I would like to know how to compile an app. should it be as a console app or device app.

And after executing the app, how would it show on the ppc emulator.

Could anyone gide me to a proper tutorial or so where step by step app dev is mentioned

thanks

kris

In VS2005 click file -> new -> project

Under each "Language" there is a smart device type, which (if you installed the windows mobile 5 sdk) should have "Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Device", if you click on "Device Application" and then input project & directory name info it will create the basis of a new application.

In solution explorer (right-hand side of vs2005) there will be a list of files (autocreated using the steps above)

If you double-click "My Project" you can select from the devices tab, which device you are targeting -> whether the emulator or direct to device.