Orange M5000 got it unlocked can i use my Vodafone Sim to surf?

Guest mstar

Hi guys,

I am awaiting my unlocking code from Orange, as i also have a Vodafone Sim which has a lot of data minutes so i can surf the internet for free :) however, as this is on vodafone and the phone is a nokia 6230i can i put it in my Orange M5000 (when unlocked) and use it as normal in there (i.e GPRS for internet and phone calls) i notice in the nokia we have settings for setting up the GPRS settings but i cannot find them in the M5000 :D am i wasting my time unlocking it to enjoy free data minutes? or is this possible

any help much appreciated guys/gyals :D

It will work fine :)

P

Hi Paul thanks for replying so its just a question of unlocking orange m5000, and putting in my vodafone sim and it will work? no settings change??? maybe set the GPRS to vodafone?

sorry paul i am a newbie and already had 2 faulty Orange M5000 last year, so i got to make use of it but orange charging me a arm-n-leg to surf the net using GPRS etc (vodafone its a company phone where i use to surf on a crap nokia phone)

There will be a requirement to chane your settings. Look here. Use the PAYG settings

thanks mcwarre, do i just follow the GPRS settings for the UK network operators - Vodafone GPRS settings (WAP):

into my M5000? and input my obviously my vodafone sim? and it should work :D ???? :D :)

Edited by mstar

Use the Vodafone GPRS settings (Email/Web): not the WAP

ok but i looked on my Nokia and the settings seem to be the Vodafone GPRS settings (WAP):

ones, i give both a try does it make a difference? i thought i was surfing with GPRS Wap as the GPRS access point is wap.vodafone.co.uk :)

sorry i am such a dumbo i appreciate ur advice thanks

• 3 months later...
Guest mstar
I would use the settings from http://www.modaco.com/Vodafone-UK-t200964.html and use full imneternet not wap settings.

cheers mate out of interest is there anything for t-mobile as my company has decided to go on to t-mobile network :-( and they are not willing to give me a pda just my 6230i (which i had the internet settings sent to me by customer services, can i do that again and send to my m5000?)