WM Mobile 6.0 upgrade

Guest sahli

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pankul

Its true.

My friend was on the phone with t-mobile support and they confirmed that they will be providing a free firware update to Dash users.

DATE they did not have.

Guest dleasman
Its true.

My friend was on the phone with t-mobile support and they confirmed that they will be providing a free firware update to Dash users.

DATE they did not have.

That friend would be me...

I was talking with a guy in tech support at T-Mo a couple days ago (not level 1 support, but someone who actually knows their products). He confirmed for me that T-Mo will be offering a free firmware update to dash users some time in the spring. I assume it will be full of T-Mo branding, and hopefully unlockable, so that we can leverage our devices to their fullest extend.

Also, in regard to T-Mo's phone lineup, I was told that there are 5 new phones in the pipeline for them, but *none* are smartphone or pocket pc. Probably more samsung and nokia models... I guess we are lucky they have made the SDA, MDA & Dash available.

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed for this fabled "free mobile 6" update.

-Dana

Guest djdanska

There is already a beta build of wm6 for the dash around the net. xda-developers.com has a chat about it in their excalibur forum.

Guest Strongarm
There is already a beta build of wm6 for the dash around the net. xda-developers.com has a chat about it in their excalibur forum.

Will the Update be available for the MDA Mail too ?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ataru

HTC's official response to 'Is there a ROM upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 for the HTC S620 available?'

Thank you for contacting HTC Europe regarding a query about the HTC S620 mobile device.

We are currently awaiting an official response from our Head Office on the matter of ROM updates from Windows Mobile 5.0 to Windows Mobile 6. We hope to have an answer for you soon.? Please contact us again in a few weeks and we may be able to give you an update.

J

• 4 weeks later...
Guest vkhanorkar

Thanks!!! B)

:rolleyes: :P :D :D :rolleyes:

Works like a charm! Am glad that I tried it, all went nice and smooth.

Am very happy with the interface... nice and clean. Sweet!

~vkhanorkar

Guest nyyank78
Yeah!

Along with Skin Project X homescreen, the phone is real killer. That guy has got the look!

~vkhanorkar

Where can I find the Skin Project X homescreen.

Guest sahli
Yeah the official release is there. Follow the simple instructions and download it. It runs great on my t-mobile dash. Even corrects the contacts search and the battery is greatly improved over the Beta version.

Will it lock the phone to T-mobile? I am using a HTC 620 Excalibur version with no branding

Guest sahli
Will it lock the phone to T-mobile? I am using a HTC 620 Excalibur version with no branding

tried and failed, guess it must be a T-mobile Dash phone.....

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Right everyone, can i draw your attention to the forum rules please! Discussion of leaked or access to unofficial ROMs is against MoDaCo policy. The official release is just around the corner and obviously we'll post news to reflect this once the official release is launched, until then please keep discussion of illegal ROM distribution off of these forums!