Toshiba announce Portege G900 Pocket PC

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

[teaser]Toshiba, who have a rich history with Windows Mobile but have been somewhat out-of-the game of late, are back in, with a bang!

At 3GSM in Barcelona, Toshiba are showcasing their new 'Portege G900' Pocket PC. And oh, my, is it sexy.

The specs...

• Windows Mobile 6 Professional (formerly known as Pocket PC)
  • Slide out keyboard (Hermes style)
  • Fingerprint reader
  • WVGA 800x480 screen (new res supported in WM6)
  • miniSD expansion
  • 64MB RAM
  • 3G
  • 802.11 b/g
  • Dual cameras (2MP primary)
  • USB host mode (copy data directly to / from USB sticks)

From Toshiba's release (via MSMobiles)

G900

Enjoy the ideal business partnership

Manage your business and stay on top of your workload whilst on the move with the Toshiba G900. One of the first to use the new Windows Mobile 6 operating system, the G900 includes a 3-inch wide screen for enhanced viewing quality, a fingerprint sensor function to protect the data stored on the handset, PC phone synchronisation, a full keyboard and USB flash memory connectivity. We think you'll agree that the G900 is ideal for business on the move.

Security

The fingerprint sensor feature ensures that the G900 is secure against unauthorised access and can also be used to navigate the phone's menu.

Full keyboard

The full keyboard makes it easy to write messages and emails on the move.

Wide screen

Viewing quality is further enhanced by the stunning, high resolution, 3-inch wide, colour W-VGA display

Memory

The G900 allows you to read and write directly to a USB flash memory device. In addition the G900 has 64 MB of internal memory so you can store plenty of information and if you need more, you can always use the optional miniSD card.

Communication and Data Connectivity

The G900 is a triband 3G enabled handset, making this an ideal travel companion.

Retrieve e-mails with attachments, enjoy superb quality-video streaming and fast downloading of video clips.

Support for Bluetooth, WiFi and USB provides seamless connection between your laptop and G900 and gives you more control over the way you work.

A secondary camera for video calling helps you to keep in touch.

Make voice calls using a broadband Internet connection instead of a regular phone line.

Stay on top of your workload on the move using Microsoft Direct Push email technology, the familiar Microsoft Office Outlook tools plus support for Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

Camera

Use the 2 mega pixel camera to take crisp, clear digital images and videos, which can then be viewed on the stunning colour screen or shared with friends.

Music

Carry your favourite music without the need for a separate device. Windows Media Player Mobile syncs music and media files with Windows Media Player on a PC.

Oh my... this is one device i'm REALLY excited about! And now for the piece-de-la-resistance... the pics - press shots, and detail shots after the jump with a second Toshiba Standard / Smartphone device (RG4-E01 detailed here). Drool away (I know I am) :)

P

12-Feb-2007_g900.gif

[/teaser]

Toshiba03.jpg

Toshiba01.jpgToshiba04.jpg

Toshiba02.jpg

Guest nickcornaglia

Man you;re just pumping out the news aren;t ya!?

Wonder what the size is on this puppy? And that Smartphone would be a heck of alot smaller.

Something tells me the PPC is HUGE. That is a nice looking screen though.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Theres a vid out there somewhere (didnt bookmark, sorry!) from 3GSM of the Tosh lady demoing the fingerprint reader being used as an input device to scroll up, down, left and right around menus on both PPC and SP! ;)

• 5 months later...
Guest Confucious

This is the same rubbish you posted elsewhere but your English seems to be getting even worse! You don't know how WM works, can't be bothered to learn and just slang it off. I suggest you buy a Nokia and give up with WM and leave it to people who appreciate it.

Edited by Confucious

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.