Orange to release WM6 equipped Excalibur (E600) and Vox (E650)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Well, the SPV C700 seems to have disappeared completely from Orange UK's radar... but fear not Smartphone fans... take comfort in the impending release of the SPV E600 (Excalibur) and SPV E650 (Vox).

Marking the resurrection of the 'SPV E' brand (the first such device since the E200), the new moniker seems to be reserved for Smartphone devices with a keyboard... very sensible I say - SPV M for Pocket PC (sorry 'Professional') devices, SPV C for regular Smarpthone (sorry 'Standard') devices, and SPV E for Standard devices with a QWERTY keyboard.

We're awaiting full deets on the new Orange devices, which I expect later today, when I'll update this topic. In the meantime, head over to this thread to read more about the Vox...

P

Both of these devices look great, I really want a small qwerty phone. Could this tempt me back to Orange :) depending on what your definition of"imminent" is of course

Edited by furby

Guest madbandit

I'm liking the look of the Vox...

even decided i'd call orange at lunchtime today as i'm due an upgrade at the end of the month... suprisingly enough the upgrade team had never heard of the phone, and said that even if it was released to the market in march, it would probably take at least another month to go through orange's "rigerous testing process to make sure it meets the quality and standard that orange expect from their branded products"...

i was advised to go to one of the orange retail outlets as they get usually get the phone about a month before the 150 support line do...

go figure!

Edited by madbandit

Guest bullit.mosh
I'm liking the look of the Vox...

even decided i'd call orange at lunchtime today as i'm due an upgrade at the end of the month... suprisingly enough the upgrade team had never heard of the phone, and said that even if it was released to the market in march, it would probably take at least another month to go through orange's "rigerous testing process to make sure it meets the quality and standard that orange expect from their branded products"...

i was advised to go to one of the orange retail outlets as they get usually get the phone about a month before the 150 support line do...

go figure!

hahahaha that sounds about right for orange :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.