Custom tones......

Guest Howski

Hi,

I wanted to put a custom tone on my phone so I edited an mp3 into a .wav file (as IIRC it wont take mp3s as an ring tone). However the wav will play fine on the phone using the windows media player but although its in the list of available ring tones it will not play as a ring tone. Any ideas?

-How.

Edited by Howski

The phone will take WAV WMA WMV and MP3 as ring tones, you just have to have the ringtone stored in the right spot. there are three spots that i know of. First in \windows\rings\ next in \My Documents\ and last but not least \Storage Card\ .

if you have the tone you want in one of those three spots it should apear in the pulldown list under >Start>Settings>Phone.

The phone will take WAV WMA WMV and MP3 as ring tones, you just have to have the ringtone stored in the right spot. there are three spots that i know of. First in \windows\rings\ next in \My Documents\ and last but not least \Storage Card\ .

if you have the tone you want in one of those three spots it should apear in the pulldown list under >Start>Settings>Phone.

I did not realise that it would take mp3s but the wav is in \windows\rings\ and like I said the wav is in the list of ring tones but if you select it you can not play it.

-How.