Gigabyte g-Smart t600

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

[teaser]

thumb_15-Feb-2007_t600_2.jpg

Previously called the i200, the T600 is yet another groundbreaking device from Gigabyte Communications and was the first to be seen running WM6! The - impressive - specs for this device are as follows:

• WM6 Professional (Pocket PC)
  • Intel XScale 520Mhz CPU
  • 256MB ROM (not 512MB as previously thought)
  • 96MB RAM
  • DVB-H / DVB-T / T-DMB / DAB (Digital TV and radio)
  • VGA screen
  • Triband GSM (no 3G :D )
  • Built-in antenna
  • 802.11g WiFi
  • 2.1MP Camera

As you can see, gone is the use of the dodgy old analogue TV tuner, instead you'll find pretty much every major digital broadcasting format accessible in the once device! The only thing missing from this powerhouse is 3G/HSDPA and a keyboard but I think we'll let them off on that one :)

15-Feb-2007_t600_vs_herald_k-jar.jpg

More shots and a larger comparison after the jump...[/teaser]

15-Feb-2007_t600_vs_herald_k-jar_large.jpg

15-Feb-2007_t600_1.jpg

15-Feb-2007_t600_2.jpg

15-Feb-2007_t600_3.jpg

15-Feb-2007_t600_4.jpg

15-Feb-2007_t600_5.jpg

[Source]

3G, I don't use it & don't need it. GPS would be nice to have it built in but I'd happily have the DVB tuner over it it any day. Besides I already got a separate GPS receiver to use. Hurry up Gigabyte I need this phone.

3G, I don't use it & don't need it. GPS would be nice to have it built in but I'd happily have the DVB tuner over it it any day. Besides I already got a separate GPS receiver to use. Hurry up Gigabyte I need this phone.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Looks nice, shame the memory didnt turn out to be 512mb. Also odd how many new devices are coming out sans-3G

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.