my o2 xda IQ

Guest sandman06

Guest sandman06

i recently just bought the o2 xda IQ smartphone. i have a few questions and help needed.

1) the current o2 rom on it seems slow and bloated.

2) is it possible to update the rom to the latest qtek 8310 aku2 rom?

3) which is better the qtek or imate rom?

sorry im quiet new to this all.. but i read good things about this darkhorse phone.

also could someone point me in the right direction of guides and links of getting this done.

i know i need to application unlock the phone, before i can update or run anyother program.

o yeah this is the following system info

ROM version = 2.0.11.0

OPERATOR version = 2.5.57.9

Radio Version = 4.1.13.11_02.21.01

Edited by sandman06

Guest chucky.egg

I haven't bothered replacing the O2 ROM on mine (don't even know which version it is off the top of my head)

The Imate ROMs in my experience are very stable, and not full of rubbish. I've never tried a QTek ROM.

You can get the Imate ROMs from ftp://ftp.clubimate.com (no registration required)

To update the ROM you might need to remove the "CID", to allow a "foreign" ROM to be installed.

SPV-Developers have an app called SPv-Services (http://www.spv-developers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236) which lets you "superCID" your device so that you can load any ROM. It's a free PC app, but needs local internet access.

I don't know of a procedure document, but basically:

1. Install the SPV-Services app on your PC

2. Install the CAB file on your phone

3. Run the app to SuperCID your device

4. Install your chosen ROM

Guest sandman06

thank for the help... well i took the plunge... its was pretty easy..although i was on the edge at times special when updating the rom.

i manage to update/change the rom first time to qteks....however i didnt like it.. for some reason. just seemed slowed.

played around with it a bit

now im using the sp5 rom..

just few more questions... why does the phone take so long to boot up to main screen. and are there any essentials apps i need to know about or put on this phone

i already got skype,tomtom mobile and google earth running.

i heard there is overclocker app for this phone...will that make any difference to startup and general speed of the phone....i dont want to brick it tho because of overheating.