Windows Media Player not recognising my MicroSD Card

Guest dreamsurfer141

Guest dreamsurfer141

Hi All,

My 2GB SanDisk MicroSD Card is no longer being recognised in Media Player. If I have the application running then plug the card in it asks me if I would like to catalog any files on the storage card then runs through the Update Library screen and finds any files on the card but it won't allow me to select the Storage Card to play them. File Explorer finds the Storage Card fine. The device would freeze on boot up with the card in but this was fixed with a hard reset. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance

Guest dreamsurfer141

Hi xeron,

Thanks for the suggestion, I've already deleted all data from the Storage Card just before I did the hard reset... I didn't use a 3rd party tool to format the card however...

Guest dreamsurfer141

OK this seems to be fixed now. I did another hard reset and deleted the MSMETADATA then updated the library in WM once more. This also fixed the problem with my phone freezing on boot up when my Storage Card was plugged in and also ActiveSync failing to sync email properly with the Storage Card plugged in... xeron, thanks for your help

• 1 year later...