More WinMo goodness for Orange NL, no SPV M650 for UK

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Shown below, courtesy once again of 'peekie', are scans of the latest Dutch Orange magazine.

You can see the now released (in NL at least) SPV C100 (HTC S310 in UK), SPV C600, SPV F600 (not being released in the UK), SPV M600, SPV M650 (not being released in the UK), SPV M700 and SPV "VOX" (which will become the SPV E650 for release in all market).

You heard me right... the HTC Artemis based SPV M650 will not be released by Orange UK, who have deemed it as having too much overlap with the M700 flagship Pocket PC.

It's very interesting to see that the "VOX" (aka SPV E650) has made it into the catalogue already, and under it's codename too!

Apart form the omission of the SPV E600 (aka HTC Excalibur) which will be getting a Business release on Orange UK and France shortly, it seems Orange NL users are getting one sweet set of devices! Jealous? Me? ;)

P

20-Feb-2007_nlcatalogue1.jpg

20-Feb-2007_nlcatalogue2.jpg

Guest The Doctor
Yeah, it's definitely not ;)

P

I've noticed carriers never quite get all the specs right, like T-Mobile saying the Vario II had a 300Mhz processor when it first came out (corrected now)

Phil

Guest madbandit

my main reason for being sceptical about this regards the C700.

was it not about a year ago when orange had the C700 in the magazine.. and 3 months later it was canned?

ok ok there were issues with the unit, but they still advertised it!

;)

Guest madbandit

shortly after my last post, i decided to drop orange another line, this time through the website.

to my suprise i received a call back on my mobile at 11:45am on Sunday.

i missed the call but was left a vm.

the lady from Upgrade Support stated that they were sorry that they could not give me a confirmed date as to when the handset would be available on the network, but that i should regularly check the website or occasionally call the upgrades department (150 > 4 > 1).

I can see it being the summer before i get one of the E650 (Vox) handsets

;)

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Interesting how they have the Orange branded C100, whereas here in the UK its HTC branded. Stocking issues maybe?

Guest moonshot

So what is left for us c600 owners to upgrade to? (The one who have broadband with orange and are sort of commited to stay with Orange).

The Vox weights in at 140 grams, not really a smartphone more a pda size phone.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.