m700 phonepad needed

Guest b16mts

got my m700 today!

but already i'm going spare without being able to input on a t9 phonepad thingy.

i've tried searching but to No avail, please can someone stick a link up to the relevant cab file.

thanks,

martin

Guest Paul (MVP)

As is so delicately pointed out above, PhonePad is not available for (legal) download, and in fact never has been - it only used to be bundled with a device.

May I suggest the excellent Tengo as an alternative, which is also free to MoDaCo Plus members!

P

i'm happy to pay for it if needed, just where do I get it from. "you silly goose!"

martin

Well knock me down with a feather !

Is that the thanks I get for defending your corner?

Cheers "mate"

Well knock me down with a feather !

Is that the thanks I get for defending your corner?

Cheers "mate"

Sorry toon9, that wasn't aimed at you. Thanks for the pointer.

Martin

Now then you crazy gaggle! ;)

You can't get a commercial copy of PhonePad unfortunately; I'm sure someone's been bugging HTC about this, but to no avail. I wholeheartedly agree that it's a massive oversight (or whatever, there's differing opinions as to why it's been removed) to not have this installed on non-KB devices.

Like Paul says, your next best equivalent is probably Tengo. Personally I've had lots of issues with using non-ROM input devices, but hey ho. That was on the Hermes, maybe the Trinity will be different (you better hope so!)

Guest driody36

Hi,

I did install tengo app and follow all the instructions. I could see it in the "Input" folder and did configure it, but when I tried to use it...... Won't run. ;) But it works on the M5000. <_<

Also tried something I found xda-developers way about phone pad. It DID install but wont run.

Guest scottyp

BUMP!

I have exactly the same issue. I have tried phonepad, tengothumb, nothing works. Installs fine but doesnt work when you select in message.

Anyone been succesful with the Orange ROM?

Thanks

Warny

Guest Rob_Quads

Its a fair request to ask for it. Once came with the M600 so its a fair assumption that it would come with the M700 and if not it could be installed onto it.

Guest dave_a
I have exactly the same issue. I have tried phonepad, tengothumb, nothing works. Installs fine but doesnt work when you select in message.

Anyone been succesful with the Orange ROM?

I have just got my M700 today and tengo thumb was the first thing I tried to install yet whenever I tried to use it, it would just select keyboard. I have used it before on my M500 so was just a little frustrated with this however I have been installing loads of other stuff and probably done about 5 soft resets since and then suddenly on the last reset the tutorial appeared and after this it is now working ;)

So perhap try a few resets and hope for the best?

Guest Neil5459
I have just got my M700 today and tengo thumb was the first thing I tried to install yet whenever I tried to use it, it would just select keyboard. I have used it before on my M500 so was just a little frustrated with this however I have been installing loads of other stuff and probably done about 5 soft resets since and then suddenly on the last reset the tutorial appeared and after this it is now working ;)

So perhap try a few resets and hope for the best?

Have you been using it with the Orange Today Plug-in? It may be that this plug-in hogs resources at startup, as it monitors a lot of processes. Tengo and Tengo Thumb both need quite a lot of spare memory and process time to load at startup, and if insufficient, simply won't load. Same for Calligrapher.

Guest Neil5459
head on over to xda-dev and look in the trinity forums, have got the phonepad working on my m700 using a sip tweak program

Thanks Dave- I'll take a look ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest Darrone3dr
head on over to xda-dev and look in the trinity forums, have got the phonepad working on my m700 using a sip tweak program

Once you've installed the SIP cab file... what do you have to do for the T9 to work?

It's not giving me the option to use a phone pad when typing a text message.

Thanks

Darrone

Guest Neil5459

Some of the current ROM's won't allow PhonePad to load because of the number of processes being used at startup- like the Orange homescreen for instance. Even using SIPChange may not make any difference. I found that in it's default state, the M700 wouldn't open PhonePad even with SIPChange, but after disabling all the Orange stuff, PP worked after a soft reset, though not always!

ROM's which have fewer startup processes, like the new HTC ROM will allow PhonePad to work, without any tweaking.

So, the steps should be: Download & install the appropriate PhonePad software (the International Version seems most reliable); This is an HTC Copyright application, so you may be contravening licensing terms by installing it on a non-HTC device. Download and run SIPChange according to the instructions. Do a soft reset. Open an application to see the SIP Icon (by default a keyboard) and tap the arrow to the right- from the menu select PhonePad, which should then open. If it doesn't, you may need to consider a newer ROM, but again, bear in mind that this may have implications for your warranty