i-mate Ultimate Range: On Paper

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

[teaser]Courtesy of ToDoPocketPC come these spec sheets for the I-Mate Ultimate range...

thumb_20-Feb-2007_5150.jpg thumb_20-Feb-2007_6150.jpg thumb_20-Feb-2007_7150.jpg

thumb_20-Feb-2007_8150.jpg thumb_20-Feb-2007_9150.jpg

(Click on the thumbnails for larger images)

20-Feb-2007_imate_ultimate_range_se.jpg

All pretty damn impressive I'm sure you'll agree. I for one can't wait to get my hands some of these babies! ;) Hit the jump for a larger comparison shot...[/teaser]

20-Feb-2007_imate_ultimate_range_se_large.jpg

[

Source] via [PPCT]

Guest trevormuk

Ultimate 8150 looks like my ideal phone ...

I notice Expansys have it on pre-order ... no dates listed though...

Anyone heard any other rumblings on release date?

Cheers

Edited by trevormuk

Guest HerpezP

There's at least something wrong with the specs of the 8150. No way it's 94mm x 50mm x 11mm if that's a 2.6" screen and that picture is how it's going to look like. Take a look at the Nokia N95 that also boasts a 2.6" screen and see how much of the front that screen occupies - and that is on an even larger front, 99mm x 53mm! Either the screen is smaller or the device is bigger (it's probably the last thing, looking at the other specs of the device).

The 9150 also looks a little dodgy, but could be true. Btw, a 2.6" VGA should have dimensions of 53 mm x 40 mm if anyone want to do some measurements.

Take also a look at the live pictures from ADVERT LINK REMOVED over here:

http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/htmls/3GSM-2007-...a_1773-p_8.html

That must surely be one small HTC Wizard if the 8150 is only 94 mm long...

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

hmm...you could have a point there. I thought the 91 and the 81 looked a bit small :D Suppose we'll just have to wait for something a little more official...that's the problem with leaks ;)

Guest HerpezP

Yeah, I guess we have to wait for something more official. The same dimensions are posted on GSMArena, but I don't know where they've got them from... One thing's for sure though: I wouldn't rely on them

Guest bennish
Oooh, there's a second screen on the 7150? How delish.

However, typing that just then made me realise how much I feel like I'm talking about a Nokia?

i've always said, we need nokia to make winmo phones. Man that'd be nice. Oh, and sony. A sony walkman phone with wm6? mmm

Guest Markda2000

The 7150 Looks like it could very well be the successor to my MDA Pro, if there is no details coming out in the next couple of months of the Omni.

Maybe this will force HTC's hand a little.

But the specs of these phones are really good, especially the memory side of things.

Also the 7150 (according to the dubious quoted measurements ) is somewhat svelter than the Universal

Guest Shuflie

What market are these phones aimed at? The frequency bands look a little off for them to usefull in the UK, 850/1900/2100 or 850/1700/2100, where's the 900 band and who uses 1700?

Guest HerpezP
What market are these phones aimed at? The frequency bands look a little off for them to usefull in the UK, 850/1900/2100 or 850/1700/2100, where's the 900 band and who uses 1700?

I think you're mixing up 2G and 3G. AFAIK there's no 3G 900MHz band.

2G GSM services [...] [in Europe] use 900 MHz and 1800 MHz and therefore do not share any spectrum with planned UMTS services.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UMTS

2100 MHz is used in Europe and also in a large part of Asia I think, while USA uses some different frequencies.

Edited by HerpezP

I'm not the only one suspicious about those dimensions:

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/02/27/i...-its-ultimates/

:( :D ;)

inexcusable for imate to get that wrong! Just look at the flip phone, if that a 2.6" screen then the bloody thing must be huge lol

interesting to see what size the devices really are, although I have to say, if that joystick is as bad as it looks you can count me out!

gr

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.