Eten Pocket PCs dropping like flies

Guest martinwilliams999

Guest martinwilliams999

Here's a copy of a thread I posted at the Eten Users forum.

Check it out if your M600 is reaching a year old and has started acting weird or has just upped and died on you.

There has already been discussion here about M600s starting to act up or fail as they approach or reach their 1st birthday.

Mine has just done the same.

My warranty expired on 27th January and my M600 has just failed completely.

My network contract doesn't expire until August.

Call me paranoid but I'm starting to wonder if this is more than just poor quality production.

Whilst I have had problems with the many ROM updates until 230, I have never had any hardware problems.

This seems to be in keeping with the majority of subscribers to this forum.

Suddenly, just after the warranty expires and a new model is launched, the phone dies.

I have also recently started having problems with my Playstation 2, only weeks before the UK launch of its successor.

Are manufacturers now deliberately building products to fail shortly after expiry of the warranty?

After all, if they built products that lasted a longer time, they would start to diminish their customer base, as only rich tech-heads who have to have the latest technology would upgrade.

The rest of us only upgrade or update when our old devices fail or our mobile contracts expire.

Now I have to begin the long and painful wait until August to replace my M600.

As much as I love my phone, its eventual replacement will NOT come from Eten.

In the meantime, it's back to the old Nokia in the back of my desk drawer.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest martinwilliams999
Here's a copy of a thread I posted at the Eten Users forum.

Check it out if your M600 is reaching a year old and has started acting weird or has just upped and died on you.

There has already been discussion here about M600s starting to act up or fail as they approach or reach their 1st birthday.

Mine has just done the same.

My warranty expired on 27th January and my M600 has just failed completely.

My network contract doesn't expire until August.

Call me paranoid but I'm starting to wonder if this is more than just poor quality production.

Whilst I have had problems with the many ROM updates until 230, I have never had any hardware problems.

This seems to be in keeping with the majority of subscribers to this forum.

Suddenly, just after the warranty expires and a new model is launched, the phone dies.

I have also recently started having problems with my Playstation 2, only weeks before the UK launch of its successor.

Are manufacturers now deliberately building products to fail shortly after expiry of the warranty?

After all, if they built products that lasted a longer time, they would start to diminish their customer base, as only rich tech-heads who have to have the latest technology would upgrade.

The rest of us only upgrade or update when our old devices fail or our mobile contracts expire.

Now I have to begin the long and painful wait until August to replace my M600.

As much as I love my phone, its eventual replacement will NOT come from Eten.

In the meantime, it's back to the old Nokia in the back of my desk drawer.

Well it's official, my Eten M600 is no more.

It has expired.

It's pushing up the daisies.

It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible.

It is an ex-Eten.

So I've gone over to the dark side and bought an HTC Hermes.

Martin

Edited by martinwilliams999