Windows Mobile 6 for Windows Mobile 5

index.php?automodule=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=2145

File Name: Windows Mobile 6 for Windows Mobile 5

File Submitter: ZSX

File Submitted: 14 Feb 2007

File Updated: 25 Feb 2007

File Category: Computer

A Windows Mobile 6 skin for Windows Mobile 5 with a matching Windows Media Player 11 skin for WMP 10.

This skin is only for Windows Mobile Smartphones (not Pocket PC Phone Editions) with screen resolutions of 176 x 220.

Installation instructions:

1. Download the file to a location ion your computer.

2. Unzip the file. The unzipped file contains 3 parts:

a. crossbow.home.xml (the skin file)

b. crossbow.jpg (the background)

c. a folder called WMP11 (the Windows Media Player skin)

3. Connect your phone to your computer by ActiveSync.

4. Explore your device.

5. Copy crossbow.home.xml and crossbow.jpg to the My Documents folder on your phone.

6. Copy the entire WMP11 folder to Program Files>Windows Media Player folder on your phone.

7. On your phone go to Start>Settings>Home Screen. For home screen layout choose crossbow, make sure color scheme and background image are default. This applies the homescreen.

8. On your phone go to Start>Windows Media. Click on Menu>Options>Skins and choose the WMP11 skin to apply it.

That's it!

Click here to download this file

You know, I'd love to make a QVGA version, but I don't have a QVGA smartphone - my only WM5 phone is an MPx200!

Also, I'm just a little too lazy to download the emulator just to make a skin.

Sorry peeps! Hopefully someone with a QVGA phone will sort it out.

Guest kriptonita
You know, I'd love to make a QVGA version, but I don't have a QVGA smartphone - my only WM5 phone is an MPx200!

Also, I'm just a little too lazy to download the emulator just to make a skin.

Sorry peeps! Hopefully someone with a QVGA phone will sort it out.

Thanks anyway!

• 1 month later...
Guest Ludedoo

This theme i very nice, thank you! I'm having som problems to apply the WMP 11 though. I have put all the files from the wmp 11-folder (from the .zip) to the Windows media player directory(on the phone). And when i go to settings and where i change the skins in wmp.. there is just one option and that is the default skin ;)

i've also tried to put the entire wmp11 (folder in the .zip) to into the windows media player folder on the phone, but still nothing happens

What am i doing wrong?

Guest kriptonita
ZSX -> Pliss, make this skin for QVGA devices for example C600.

Greetings, starowka3

I´d made something like that... still WIP

405752183_09d1d99384_o.jpg

Guest starowka3

Great, but Have you got Green skin for WMP and comm mgr and diall screen? Where I can download your skin?

Thanks, starowka3

-EDIT-

Can I have pliss full HTC green skin from your HTC MTeor (with WMP and comm mgr)?

Sorry for OT.

Big thanks

Edited by starowka3

• 1 month later...
Guest ntdude

I don't seem to get the Media Player skin working as reported by Ludedoo. I copied the entire content as well as the foldr itself to Program Files --> Windows Media Player but while searching it is just able to find Default only.

Any resolution to this?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello! Looks like I have returned late to my own party!

As I mentioned I only created this skin because I have a Motorola MPx200 which has a 176x220 screen resolution, and that's why I never made a skin for any other resolution (QVGA, landscape or otherwise!) - there was just no way to test the skins before release. In fact, I have now upgraded the MPx200 to WM6, so now even these skins are unnecessary for me. Most of my other devices are Pocket PCs, so most of the skinning I do is on those devices at present.

I just want to say a big thank you to alexdnk for developing this skin for smartphones! :D You're a top bloke (or lass...)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.