Mini SD Card

Guest skaramanga

Guest sjalloq
Hi,

what is the best 2GB Mini SD card to get for the M700?

I saw one here https://www.audio-mania.co.uk/sandisk-mini-card/p-129.html

though Amazon have an ultra II one here http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Mini-Ultra...3894391-0046368

I was wondering if these work okay with M700 and what is the best one to get.

Cheers

Go for the faster card if you're planning on using apps that take advantage of data stored on the card - TomTom for example. It's less responsive with the slower card. Otherwise go for the cheaper option.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest goodie07

I've just got an M700 & sandisk ULTRA2 mini SD, 1st it formatted to 968mb (whichever way i formatted) so then bought a mini card reader (from Mobymemory, the same place i got the card) it then formatted ok to 2gb but i kept on getting problems transfering data, then it started crashing my system, in the end i done some research into ULTRA2 mini SD & it looks like loads of people are having problems with this card, most people are suggesting getting standard sandisk mini SD as there is no considerable difference in speed but a lot more stable.

Sending mine back on monday & getting 2gb sandisk mini SD (only £15)

Edited by goodie07

Guest Neil5459
I've just got an M700 & sandisk ULTRA2 mini SD, 1st it formatted to 968mb (whichever way i formatted) so then bought a mini card reader (from Mobymemory, the same place i got the card) it then formatted ok to 2gb but i kept on getting problems transfering data, then it started crashing my system, in the end i done some research into ULTRA2 mini SD & it looks like loads of people are having problems with this card, most people are suggesting getting standard sandisk mini SD as there is no considerable difference in speed but a lot more stable.

Sending mine back on monday & getting 2gb sandisk mini SD (only £15)

If the 2GB card was supplied showing only 968MB, it suggests the card was faulty from the start.

As a general rule it is best not to format an expansion card unless you are having major problems. The factory format is much more robust than that possible via a PC or PPC, (due to the physical structure of Flash Memory) and formatting sometimes introduces errors in a physically sound card. Simple file deletion is a better option for clearing unwanted files.

I have to say I've never had a problem with an 'Ultra' card, though I did have a standard card failure (which MobyMenory replaced by return).

We have to hope the M700 doesn't start having the same problems the HTC Artemis class devices are having- HTC have admitted a fault, but can't fix it yet. Happily the M700 uses MiniSD rather than Micro, and has a faster processor, so multitasking is less likely to cause FAT corruptions. Howvever I don't think any device is immune ;)