Custom Ringers moved to SD card

Guest okctmaxxer

Guest okctmaxxer

Hello all, 5 days new here, and I have been pouring over all the tweaks and reg editing and programs that are available for my fone. about the only thing that I haven't found is how to transfer my ringers to my sd card and still be able to use them for my main and contact ringers.

I found some information during searching that says that when the device turns off to save power that the sd shuts down too which then it defaults to the default ringer, not sure if that bit was specific for the 8125 or not. so if it is possible to regedit the software to point to an sd folder for ringers, would it also be possible to tell it not to shut off the sd card reader as well when it shuts off the device?

my last phone was a Moto L7 SLVR that was reflashed with a custom firmware so then I could install all my ringers on the 128mb mem card. now I have this nifty new phone and a 2gb memcard and would like to put it to good use.

hope somebody can help me with this, I'm good at doing not figuring out how to do it.

thanks in advance

William

Oklahoma City

Guest mavisdavis

Just place all your MP3 ringotnes into \Storage Card\My Documents\ and they'll appear in the drop down list in Notifications settings ;-)

Dont put them ito a folder unless you do fancy changing your reistry (which isnt that hard)

Hope this helps ya dude and welcome to the Forum

Edited by mavisdavis

Guest okctmaxxer
Just place all your MP3 ringotnes into \Storage Card\My Documents\ and they'll appear in the drop down list in Notifications settings ;-)

Dont put them ito a folder unless you do fancy changing your reistry (which isnt that hard)

Hope this helps ya dude and welcome to the Forum

Ok, I created a folder on the storage card called my documents & moved all of my ringers into it. To test I went into sounds in the control panel and used the dropdown, none of them were there. To double check I tried going into phone settings, the ringers aren't there. then to tripple check I tried to set a ringer for a contact, and still no luck.Sooooo, I guess I'll have to have someone hold my hand during the process of editing the registry, any help will be eatly apprecated.

• 2 weeks later...