Activesysnc safety

Guest xeno1

Today I had a little problem when I tried to sync my phone Activesync wasn't recognizing my phone as being there. I fixed that problem, but it got me wondering about something. This is my first phone that charges while it syncs so for the 2 weeks that I've had it I've only put it on the charger once, the rest of the time I've just hooked it up to the sync cable and let it charge. Some of the times it's been left on there for 10, 12 hours or more. Does anyone know if that could cause a problem? I can't actually think of a reason why it should be, but the sync problem I had this afternoon made me kind of wonder. Then again, maybe it's just Activesync 4.5 that's the problem and I need to go back to 4.2, I never had any problems with that version.

Guest jimbouk

Modern batteries shouldnt have a problem with being on charge. Windows Mobile 5 actually manages the charing anyway and stops the device accepting a charge when its full so in theory its ok.

I am old school though so tend to unplug my device after an hour or two.

Thanks jimbouk. I didn't figure it did. Actually, I was more thinking along the lines of the syncing part between the computer and the phone for extended periods of time more than the charging part. The fact that yesterday when I tried to sync my phone my computer didn't see it was what made me kind of wonder. More than likely it was just a glitch in either activesync or my phone that caused it. Doing a soft reset of my phone was all that it took to fix anyway. I did reinstall activesync 4.5 over again though just in case it was part of the cause.