Pocket PC version of the iPhone

Guest echostats

Guest mikeeey
Excellent, I would like to try that on my Wizard.

hm, pretty cool i guess. although il never have anything to do with mac, apple, itunes, or anything like that lol. thats why i never get any apple homescreens or itunes media players

Guest mikeeey
Love that scrolling bit at the end!!

Lock on the today screen looks pretty good too ;)

i just wanna know how they changed it so much.

1 Con about this homescreen tho is that ur start menu wont show anything youve installed.

Guest Dr Who
i just wanna know how they changed it so much.

1 Con about this homescreen tho is that ur start menu wont show anything youve installed.

Am I the only one who is suspicious? Looks like they are running a video on the phone with a well timed 'presentation'. Aren't most of those iphone screens ones that appeared in Steve Jobs presentation? Love to be wrong but...........

Guest mikeeey
Am I the only one who is suspicious? Looks like they are running a video on the phone with a well timed 'presentation'. Aren't most of those iphone screens ones that appeared in Steve Jobs presentation? Love to be wrong but...........

could be... but u can see he was tapping the screen, wouldnt doing that bring the video out of full screen? besides it shows him click on a shortcut and it goes to a windows mobile app. he could have just done a lot of editing i suppose, but why go thru the trouble? why try to prove your point that a ppc can do what an i phone can when it isnt even real?

i think this video is real but then again i guess u never know.

Guest bennish

It's real. you can tell.

Oh wait... no it can't be... windows mobile phones can't do anything NEARLY as advanced as the *(trademarked name)*. The *(trademarked name)* is FIVE YEARS ahead. Therefore we must be imagining this. Things like sliding are simply NOT POSSIBLE on windows phones. *(trademarked name)* does things like play music, and dial numbers, take photos, and lock. And has a touchscreen (notice how steve conveniently concentrated on non-touch phones in his put-down 'rubbish compared to this' session?). NO windows phone can do this. Let's ALL BUY ONE!

I hope steve sees this and realises how seriously uber weak his idea is. Oh no, wait... he'll make an ad about it, where PC Guy has a 'photocopied' *(trademarked name)*. Cause like, that's what redmond uses... photocopiers. Right? To photocopy... keynote... videos... errr...?

Just goes to show. You can do anything on a WinMo ;)

Guest jimbouk

It is so easy to get close to that kind of look on your WM device. With Pocket Plus or Wisbar type apps, you can simply create a black theme and populate the today page with big buttons to take you places you want to go...

Do I admit that my today screen looks like that...?

Nah better not.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest drpellypo
Think you just did!

Indeed - I had my M700 running exactly the same as the one in that vid. Unfortunately, wiz expired, and I'm not paying for it. Go to the forums on lakeridgesoftware.com and there's downloads for it.

Guest Christopher Woods
It's real. you can tell.

Oh wait... no it can't be... windows mobile phones can't do anything NEARLY as advanced as the *(trademarked name)*. The *(trademarked name)* is FIVE YEARS ahead. Therefore we must be imagining this. Things like sliding are simply NOT POSSIBLE on windows phones. *(trademarked name)* does things like play music, and dial numbers, take photos, and lock. And has a touchscreen (notice how steve conveniently concentrated on non-touch phones in his put-down 'rubbish compared to this' session?). NO windows phone can do this. Let's ALL BUY ONE!

I hope steve sees this and realises how seriously uber weak his idea is. Oh no, wait... he'll make an ad about it, where PC Guy has a 'photocopied' *(trademarked name)*. Cause like, that's what redmond uses... photocopiers. Right? To photocopy... keynote... videos... errr...?

Just goes to show. You can do anything on a WinMo ;)

I still find it amusing that Apple are so aggressively pursuing people who make iphone skins, themes or today screens for PPCs - I make a point of downloading each one as soon as I can, and the one which was done in Flash with the real slide to unlock feature looks pretty nifty, shame it's not available yet for actual use (last time I checked). I just laugh every time I see Apple go "NO U R TEH NAUGHTY TAKE YOUR SKIN DOWN OFF THE WEB OTHERWISE WE'LL SUE YOU", because at the end of the day just skinning your phone to look like an iPhone... doesn't make it an iPhone. imo they're using a VERY weak legal stance to get these skins and themes removed from the web, and to me it smells like Apple might be a bit worried that people get the nice(ish) interface but still keep all the advantages of a pocket pc device :(

As my (total, out-and-out Mac fanboy) housemate put it - the iPhone is going to be massively popular amongst the fashion-conscious in America because their market is so starved of any other decent phones, smart or otherwise. When I was speaking to someone at T-Mobile recently, we laughed at the fact that he said "T-Mobile US is selling phones that we couldn't give away!" and when my housemate and I went on the Cingular / Verizon / AT&T sites we laughed HARD at all the crappy handsets that they were trying to SELL! for MONEY! And with those two year contracts.

I also noticed that Jobs' keynote conveniently left out a swathe of touchscreen smartphone devices, when he was going on about how the iPhone was better than other handsets, I just kept on thinking, "well my Vario 2 has ... two cameras... hsdpa and 3g.. push email which I can set up to forward messages from any old pop OR imap account with outlook exchange... a hardware keyboard which SLIDES AWAY when I don't want to use it... it's even slightly smaller than the iphone!... Oh AND I CAN INSTALL MY OWN SOFTWARE ON TO IT to further enhance its functionality, closed-platform smartphone? What an oxymoron. Is he TRYING to stymie takeup of his device or is he just going off on one?

I really want multitouch though :)

I wouldn't mind slide to unlock either, but I can quite happily make do with Device Lock bound to a hardware key and one screentap after wakeup to unlock :D

• 3 months later...
Guest samawil

Slide to unlock is available for wm...i tried it but didn't like it much...one thing I LOVE though can be found here

http://pocketcm.com/index.php

This makes it so you can finger scroll through your contacts...just like on a fruity device :)

I love this thing...it has replaced some of my gaming rituals.

L