Why is USB so slow on Vario2

Guest djac965930

Guest djac965930

Am I missing some setup option? I'm trying to transfer video files from my PC to the Vario2 storage card. Methods I use is either explore, copy and paste using Actuve Sync on XP or a str8 copy and paste on Vista. I've also tried using the bloody long winded Windows Media Player sync option in WM10. As a baseline, I am trying to transfer a 160mb MP4 file. The fastest I can get it to go is in 1 hour and 6 minutes. Which is a dumb amount of time to transfer a file of that size. I've tried connecting is with advanced networking turned on and off but still no difference.

HELP!!!! At this rate, I'd need to think a week in advance about what I wanna watch on the tube or what music I might like to listen to on the walk home. Otherwise, I love this phone but this seems to be a major drawback.

And yes, I do have a memory card reader coming from ebay shortly - but that isn't the point!!! lol

Edited by djac965930

Guest mikeeey
Am I missing some setup option? I'm trying to transfer video files from my PC to the Vario2 storage card. Methods I use is either explore, copy and paste using Actuve Sync on XP or a str8 copy and paste on Vista. I've also tried using the bloody long winded Windows Media Player sync option in WM10. As a baseline, I am trying to transfer a 160mb MP4 file. The fastest I can get it to go is in 1 hour and 6 minutes. Which is a dumb amount of time to transfer a file of that size. I've tried connecting is with advanced networking turned on and off but still no difference.

HELP!!!! At this rate, I'd need to think a week in advance about what I wanna watch on the tube or what music I might like to listen to on the walk home. Otherwise, I love this phone but this seems to be a major drawback.

And yes, I do have a memory card reader coming from ebay shortly - but that isn't the point!!! lol

how about wmstorage? or does that not count either lol.

or could it be ur using a USB 1 slot on ur computer?

I also found USB transfer slow, it seems like the progress bar moves up then drops down again, I think it moves to a quarter and drops back to start 4 times and finishes on the forth time. Why don’t it just move from the start to the end. The next time I transfer a large file I’m gonna use the SD adaptor in a card reader, it’s gotta be faster than USB for larger files.

Guest MPXtricky

You have an SD adapter and card reader and you still use USB for large files? ;)

I also found USB transfer slow, it seems like the progress bar moves up then drops down again, I think it moves to a quarter and drops back to start 4 times and finishes on the forth time. Why don’t it just move from the start to the end. The next time I transfer a large file I’m gonna use the SD adaptor in a card reader, it’s gotta be faster than USB for larger files.

Guest mikeeey
You have an SD adapter and card reader and you still use USB for large files? ;)

i was about to say i could understand his reasoning for transfering it on usb rather then the card reader, but then i relized teh card was on the outside, unlike the sda, lol. with the sda its way too much work cuz u gota take the battery out.

It's still quite inconvenient. I usually find that I have to soft reset the phone to get it to recognise the card when it's been removed and replaced, but that could just be caused by some of the apps I run.

It would be nice to get faster USB. From the specs of some of the upcoming HTC phones (USB 2) , it looks like we may be in luck.

But on another note, over an hour for a 160MB file sounds a bit extreme - mine is a fair bit faster than that.

Also, have you thought about copying files via WiFi?