Horrific Battery Life (POLL)

Guest greenturtle

Guest mini_man

Heya.

Ok im getting very sick of my Mda Vario, the battery life is just absolutley shocking! I cannot get a day out of it.

Yesterday I turned the phone on at 7:30 got back at 11:30 I took 6 photos, 10 text messages and the battery was down to 30%. The battery is brand new! other days I will turn the phone on at 7:30 and by the time I get home at 4 the phone is at 70% this will be from possibly 4 texts and thats it.

Instead of locking the device I turn off the screen, the screen is on the lowest brightness, irda off, bluetooth off wifi never really on.

Its really driving me mad! Im using a G4 chipset and I have this funny feeling that its something todo with that.

Please sign this poll if you are having battery troubles and state whether you have a G4 chipset or a G3 chipset.

You can tell by looking at your SPL on bootup, if it is your spl will end in .0001 so you have a G4 but if not you have a G3.

Does anyone have any solutions?

Sam

Guest jimbouk

Have you got directpush on? Have you got pop email checking email regularly? Do you have any third party apps accessing the web? Do you have activesync open? Do you have third party apps running on the storage card?

And - I might have misread your post - but do you actually use it for voice calls during the day?

Do you travel a lot in areas with poor signal coverage?

Guest mandt

Mine's getting worse lately.

although not as bad as mini_mans I'm getting about a day and a half, which is pretty poor.

Same as you, BT, Wi-Fi off, backlight on it's lowest setting, I was thinking about getting a higher capacity battery but not sure if I could put up with the extra size of it

Mines a G3 BTW

Guest mini_man

I dont make that many calls, approx 2 a day whilst im out?

And I get mainly 100% as my school has and house has a mast nearby.

Its really not acceptable to call it a mobile! I will test it without the memory card in it tomorow to see if thats the problem.

Sam

I have a first gen phone from cingular

I have Faria's First virsion rom

3.3.0.0 Rom

2.25.11 Radio

IPL and spl 2.24

i have no problems with battery life. i get 2-3 days of light use (one or two phone calls a day, 3-4 pics in the span of the 3 days, about 4-6 text messages a day, and some Sudoku). i have my phone overclocked to 208 when it is powered on, 195 when it is off, and i have the backlight set to the lowest setting. i do notice that if i run the wifi it will drain the battery relitively quickly or if i get on the net with EDGE. if i decide to go wardriving for about 20-30 min or if i decide to surf the net for about the same amount of time i get about a day and 1/2 out of the phone if i decide to do both i get a day out of it. a wile ago i had my phone setup to check my email on my pacbell account and my gamil account every 15 min, that would make the phone last barly the day with out it being at my work charging. i also have my phone setup to recive all incomig beams from the IR.

i hope this helps.

Guest hotphil

No complaints from me - DirectPush on all day, IMAP checking another account every 5 minutes, BT on, a bit of browsing, couple of calls/texts and it happily lasts 24 hours which I don't think is too shabby at all.