MDA Vario II LCD Screen

Guest reilly86

Guest reilly86

Hi all,

I've had a T-Mobile MDA Vario II for a few months now but broke the LCD screen a few weeks ago. I'm confident that the rest of the phone is working correctly (except the usual screen alignment problems which I'll get round to fixing after I get a new screen)

I've found an eBay seller with good feedback rating however the listing mentions two types of screen. Could someone a bit more educated than me on these matters take a look at the listing and advise me as to which generation of screen would be suitable for my phone?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Thanks in advance,

Reilly

Edited by reilly86

Guest Tommy Squeaker
Hi all,

I've had a T-Mobile MDA Vario II for a few months now but broke the LCD screen a few weeks ago. I'm confident that the rest of the phone is working correctly (except the usual screen alignment problems which I'll get round to fixing after I get a new screen)

I've found an eBay seller with good feedback rating however the listing mentions two types of screen. Could someone a bit more educated than me on these matters take a look at the listing and advise me as to which generation of screen would be suitable for my phone?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Thanks in advance,

Reilly

I too broke my screen, i couldnt find anyone, someone on ebay never got back to me. The only othe place i found, it was £85 plus postage plus vat etc.

I ended up sending my to HtC repairs in Milton Keynes, cosy me £106, but like you i had screen allignement problems, having to re align daily sometimes. Since i got my phone back, not to had to allign it once, i think they flash it and install all the latest bits, so i suggest going thro them, it will cure your screen and any screen allignment problems.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reilly86

Hey again,

I went for the 2nd generation screen which has arrived and was identical to the existing screen. I installed it and the phone boots with a white screen. After disassembling and reassembling the screen displays information however the colours are all wrong and the touching the screen doens't work. I've tried a hard reset but with no luck. Could this be a loose connection inside the phone or is the screen bad?

Getting there slowly ;)

Any help would be great.

Reilly

Guest reilly86

Sorry for the double post.

Went back through the installation and taped everything down with electrical tape. Back to the white screen now but it kind of fades to grey if I leave the phone on.

Really stumped now! ;)

Guest The Doctor
Sorry for the double post.

Went back through the installation and taped everything down with electrical tape. Back to the white screen now but it kind of fades to grey if I leave the phone on.

Really stumped now! ;)

That looks like a HTC Wizard screen, not a Hermes screen :D

Phil

Guest reilly86
That looks like a HTC Wizard screen, not a Hermes screen ;)

Phil

Dang! The listing said it was suitable for TyTn. Also, it looks aestheticly identical to the one I removed from the phone.

Should I seek a refund? I've now taken the phone apart so many times I think I could do it in my sleep :D

Guest The Doctor
Dang! The listing said it was suitable for TyTn. Also, it looks aestheticly identical to the one I removed from the phone.

Should I seek a refund? I've now taken the phone apart so many times I think I could do it in my sleep ;)

Double check for dust etc, make sure you screw the connector down properly.

My screen looks like this 1: http://blog54.fc2.com/i/inuchanbt/file/CHT...dismantle12.jpg

Phil

Guest reilly86

That link didn't work but thanks for all the help so far.

I've reexamined each screen and looked at the part numbers:

Old Screen P/N : 60H00037-O1M

New Screen P/N : 60H00037-O0M

Is that one digit difference going to screw me up? ;)

Guest Olipro

if you get screen alignment issues, then you can get a plastic card and run it down the sides of the inside of the screen; the gaskets will be cracked off and it won't sound too pleasant, but it will stop the screen coming out of alignment.

Edited by Olipro

• 1 year later...
Guest theodav

Any luck on the gray screen issue.

I have been working with mine...trying to make one good phone out of two.

Now I have the gray screen.