TCPMP not working properly

Guest bubsy

Guest bubsy

I have recently bought an mda vario 2 and wanted a decent media player on my handset. i downloaded and installed tcpmp 0.72RC1 as i used to use the core media player on my spv c500 and spv c600 and they worked fine. now when i play any video on my new handset using tcpmp i get a completely garbled screen. anyone else having similar troubles?

i also downloaded PocketTV to play videos and that seems to work perfectly (albeit i can only play mpegs). or does anyone know a decent media player i can use that will play loads of different formats? i dont really want to have a shedload of programs for different filetypes.

thanks

Guest Dr Who

That is a known problem with TCPMP. Try searching for the solution or using Coreplayer (not freeware) if they have now sorted out the issue with the ATI chip in the Hermes.

Guest Simon Desser
I have recently bought an mda vario 2 and wanted a decent media player on my handset. i downloaded and installed tcpmp 0.72RC1 as i used to use the core media player on my spv c500 and spv c600 and they worked fine. now when i play any video on my new handset using tcpmp i get a completely garbled screen. anyone else having similar troubles?

i also downloaded PocketTV to play videos and that seems to work perfectly (albeit i can only play mpegs). or does anyone know a decent media player i can use that will play loads of different formats? i dont really want to have a shedload of programs for different filetypes.

thanks

I think (off the top of my head) if you change the Video driver to GDI it solves the problem. It's something like, OPTIONS, VIDEO, VIDEO DRIVER, GDI. Anyway, have a play round those settings and one of them sorts it out ;)

Guest bubsy
I think (off the top of my head) if you change the Video driver to GDI it solves the problem. It's something like, OPTIONS, VIDEO, VIDEO DRIVER, GDI. Anyway, have a play round those settings and one of them sorts it out ;)

Thanks. That worked a treat.