Upgraded my M3100 to WM6

Guest AaronW

Guest AaronW

Done the upgrade to Windows Mobile 6. All went well except I have lost some settings. Anyone know what the settings are got web, mms etc? Is there an over the air configurator I could maybe use?

Thansk.

Guest jimbouk

You just need to add in the gprs/3g and mms settings. Google for your network's GPRS and MMS settings (or find them here or at the forum where you got the rom from).

Put GPRS/MMS settings in to settings, connections, connections. Then put MMS server details in to MMS settings in messaging, tools, options.

Guest AaronW
You just need to add in the gprs/3g and mms settings. Google for your network's GPRS and MMS settings (or find them here or at the forum where you got the rom from).

Put GPRS/MMS settings in to settings, connections, connections. Then put MMS server details in to MMS settings in messaging, tools, options.

Can anyone tell me what their default Orange home page is? The one on the Orange website is the old style wap page.

Here are the data and wap settings from the Oraneg website. I think they maybe outta date. Can anyone confirm?

Setting up the data account

On the PDA, tap on Start and then Settings.

Tap on the Connections tab.

Tap on the Connections icon.

Tap on the Advanced tab.

Tap on Select Networks.

Under the first drop down box, tap on New…

In the Enter a name for these settings: field, enter Orange GPRS WAP

Tap on the Modem tab.

Tap on New…

In the Enter a name for the connection: field, enter Orange GPRS WAP

Tap on the Select a modem drop-down list and select Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G).

Tap on Next.

In the Access point name: field, enter orangewap

Tap on Next.

Tap on Finish.

Tap on the Proxy Settings tab.

Select the This network connects to the Internet option.

Select the This network uses a proxy sever to connect to the Internet option.

Tap on Advanced… Tap on WAP.

In the Server field, enter 192.168.071.035

In the Port field, enter 8080

Tap on ok five times

Tap on x to close the Settings screen.

Tap on Start, Programs and then Internet Explorer.

Tap on Menu.

Tap on Favorites...

Tap on the Add / Delete tab.

Tap on Add...

In the Name field, enter Orange GPRS WAP

In the Address field, enter http://wap.orange.co.uk

Tap on Add.

Tap on ok.

Tap on x.

The new WAP profile is now configured and ready for use.

-----

Setting up the data account

On the PDA, tap on Start and then Settings.

Tap on the Connections tab.

Tap on the Connections icon.

Tap on the Advanced tab.

Tap on Select Networks.

Tap on New…

In the Enter a name for these settings: field, enter Orange MMS

Tap on the Modem tab.

Tap on New.

In the Enter a name for the connection: field, enter Orange MMS

Tap on the Select a modem: drop down list and select Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G).

Tap on Next.

In the Access point name: field, enter orangemms and tap on Next.

In the Username: field, enter Orange

In the Password field, enter Multimedia

Tap on Finish.

Tap on ok three times.

Tap on x to close the settings.

Setting up the MMS account

On the PDA, tap on Start and then Messaging.

Tap on Menu and select Tools then tap Options...

Tap on MMS.

Tap on the Servers tab

Tap on New.

In the Server name: field, enter Orange MMS

In the Gateway: field, enter 192.168.224.010

In the Port number: field, enter 8080

In the Server address: field, enter http://mms.orange.co.uk/

Tap on the Connect via: drop down list and select Orange MMS

Tap on the WAP Version: drop down list and select WAP 2.0.

Tap on Ok.

Tap on Orange MMS and tap on Set As Default.

Tap on ok twice.

Tap on x to close.

The handset is now configured for Multimedia Messages.

Guest jimbouk

The MMS stuff is correct except the port number should be 9201 not 8080

The data isnt.

Just add a new data connection within My ISP called Orange GPRS, using a cellular line (3g and gprs), apn = orangeinternet, thenh leave everything else blank.

You can add another one called Orange WAP with acces point called orangewap and again leave everything blank.

Then set MY ISP to connect to either AUTO or to the GPRS one (the wap one is useful for thos odd hours when orange's gprs wont connect to the internet apn but the wap one still works!

Edited by jimbouk

Guest jimbouk

Oh and set your home page to whatever you want... but if you need orange world its something like orangeworld.co.uk with no "www."?

Edited by jimbouk

Guest AaronW
The MMS stuff is correct except the port number should be 9201 not 8080

The data isnt.

Just add a new data connection within My ISP called Orange GPRS, using a cellular line (3g and gprs), apn = orangeinternet, thenh leave everything else blank.

You can add another one called Orange WAP with acces point called orangewap and again leave everything blank.

Then set MY ISP to connect to either AUTO or to the GPRS one (the wap one is useful for thos odd hours when orange's gprs wont connect to the internet apn but the wap one still works!

Thanks for that. WHen I change the MMS port to 9201 the WAP version always reverts to 1.2 Anyone else having the same problem?

Guest martinwilliams999

All the settings you could want are already here at MoDaCo, thanks to martin (not me!).

Just CLICK HERE to find the settings you want.

Martin (the other one)

Edited by martinwilliams999

Guest jimbouk
Anyone got Orange UK MMS working with WM6?! ... Mine doesn't attempt to dial on a send/recieve, and displays "error synchonizing"

Yep mines working fine.

1) Create a new connection called Orange MMS in your Private Network Connections.

Access Point Name: orangemms

Username: Orange

Password: Multimedia

**** NOTE the capital O and M above - they are case sensitive!*****

2) Set Up A new default Server in the MMS settings in Massaging called Orange MMS:

Gateway IP (proxy) address: 192.168.224.10

Port: 9201

MMS Message (Relay) Server URL http://mms.orange.co.uk/

Make sure its set to use Orange MMS (ie the connection above)

Guest rabdo

Here is a cab file I created which resores the Orange UK internet and MMS settings - very useful after upgrading to WM6!

Have updated file - only use if on contract with Orange UK

OrangeUK_rabdo.cab

Edited by rabdo

Guest stigdu

How did you do the upgrade to WM6?? I didn't know an upgrade was available.... Orange told me on the phone last week that they have no plans to release an upgrade to WM6 on the SPV M3100 model... ;)

Guest crazyc
How did you do the upgrade to WM6?? I didn't know an upgrade was available.... Orange told me on the phone last week that they have no plans to release an upgrade to WM6 on the SPV M3100 model... :D

Look for the post started by Lordsmiff (amongst the similar posts box beneath this one) about why the WM6 post was closed - it explains it all.

;)

Guest pisquee

Still not working - the settings quoted were the ones I had entered manually, so I then tried the cab and still no joy.

GPRS/EDGE Internet working fine. MMS will dial up and connect if i do it manually, but MMS app will not dial out automatically, and if i try a send/recieve when i connect manaully i still get "error synchonizing"

:-(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rabdo
Still not working - the settings quoted were the ones I had entered manually, so I then tried the cab and still no joy.

GPRS/EDGE Internet working fine. MMS will dial up and connect if i do it manually, but MMS app will not dial out automatically, and if i try a send/recieve when i connect manaully i still get "error synchonizing"

:-(

Are you still having these problems? If so I have a cab file which sorts out the settings for you - just let me know

Guest Olipro
Are you still having these problems? If so I have a cab file which sorts out the settings for you - just let me know

if you're on contract, the only setting you need to worry about for internet is orangeinternet for your AP.

for mms it's orangemms, then in the MMS settings page in outlook, you need to configure that with the MMS settings; filesaveas.com has them

Guest rabdo
if you're on contract, the only setting you need to worry about for internet is orangeinternet for your AP.

for mms it's orangemms, then in the MMS settings page in outlook, you need to configure that with the MMS settings; filesaveas.com has them

Absolutely - I have updated my cab in post #11 if anyone is interested

Guest blackobsidian
Here is a cab file I created which resores the Orange UK internet and MMS settings - very useful after upgrading to WM6!

Good job! Nice n easy now! *bow*

Guest CongoJoe

That cab worked great for me but a word of warning.

If like me you have "open access" unlimeted data it only applies via the "orange wap" connection not the "orange internet" connection.

By default the cab above sets it to orange internet.

Just got a MASSIVE bill ;)

Thankfully theyve credited the charges back to me but its worth keeping an eye on this.

Guest crazyc
I ahev unlimited data and use the orangeinternet APN (ie the gprs one) and havent been billed for any data.

Me too.

I think the previous poster must have one of the other 'note quite Orange World Browsing' bundles.

Guest CongoJoe

It was an old unlimeted gprs bundle from 2002 thats they still honour.

It shows up on my bill as "orange world open access" i believe.

It works for 3g provided i use the orangewap apn. Everything works the same as orangeinternet (exchange/orb/browsing/vpn) exept it only costs £3.50 a month.

I assumed the newer bundles worked the same but obviously not.

• 3 months later...
Guest The Lord Harry

Thank you for this. Before I install it, could you tell me if it creates an entry for Orange WAP Dial Up? Not a GPRS connection but the one where it dials up a number (like an ancient old modem :) and connects to the internet that way :P

Basically, GPRS is locked down on my SIM card and I'm trying to find another way of connecting to the internet. The GSM dial up option is the only one I can think of!

Thank you.

Guest crazyc
Thank you for this. Before I install it, could you tell me if it creates an entry for Orange WAP Dial Up? Not a GPRS connection but the one where it dials up a number (like an ancient old modem :) and connects to the internet that way :P

Basically, GPRS is locked down on my SIM card and I'm trying to find another way of connecting to the internet. The GSM dial up option is the only one I can think of!

Thank you.

I don't think it does.

Guest UndeadDevil

How could GPRS be locked down on your SIM Card! I remember years ago you had to phone up and have it enabled but other than that you don't make any sense. Send them 100 e-mails to get it enabled or sit two hours on the phone waiting to speak to some idiot that might not know what GPRS means (The pleasures of Orange these days for everybody whos never been with them)

Why would you wish to use GSM Dial-Up?, 28kbps if your lucky and you lose the ability to receive calls while connected (even with Call Waiting) - Granted its probably more reliable than GPRS on Orange

Then you have GPRS, double the speed and *sometimes* stays connected while in a call.

Well thats enough Orange Bashing from me for this week....