T-Mobile MDA Mail now on UK website

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

09-Mar-2007_mdamail.gif

T-Mobile's WiFi-less Excalibur based MDA Mail is now displaying on their website!

The thin QWERTY equipped Smartphone has been around a while now both as the HTC S620 and T-Mobile MDA Dash (in the USA), but the T-Mobile release follows hot on the heels of the Orange release as the SPV E600. Where Orange opted to retain the WiFi functionality however, T-Mobile have specified a non-WiFi version (much as they did with the MDA Compact III).

Nonetheless, it's a great device, that comes highly recommended by yours truly (despite the rather questionable 'JoggR' control method).

Basic specs are as follows:

- Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone (T-Mobile USA are releasing a WM6 update, no such info from T-Mobile UK as yet)
- 200MHz TI OMAP Processor
- GPRS / EDGE connectivity + Quad Band
- QWERTY keyboard
- JoggR
- Quad-band
- 116mm x 63mm x 13mm
- 130g
- 5 hour talk / 218 hour standby (claimed)

As well as visiting the product page, if you're a current or prospective owner you should check out http://Excalibur.MoDaCo.com - your dedicated area for Excalibur devices.

P

[Via: CoolSmartphone]

Guest RazorD

..Orange SPV E600? Is it out yet?

I have no idea how i managed to miss this one! I've been wanting the dash for ages, and i'm just at the end of my contract with Orange ;)

Wow, i had no idea. :D

--Edit: Never mind, i see the post now! :(

-Raz

Edited by RazorD

Guest lextre

Prospective buyers of this device from T-Mobile should note that it does NOT have a 2 mega pixel camera as stated in the specifications on the link in the original post. It does of course have a 1.3 mega pixel camera as per all the other flavours of the HTC s620.

Also note that I ordered one by telephone and got a much better deal than those advertised on the T-Mob site. Push hard and you will most likely get the MDA for no cost, even on the most basic package!

Guest mrcoyote

It's not business users only as I picked mine up from the local t-mobile store yesterday. It was the first one they'd sold so they weren't too clued up on it tbh, but they let me have a play and eventually I chose it over the SE M600i. All for free and a £5pm discount on my tariff as well. ;)

Guest spacerace

I'm really surprised they've pulled WiFi on this one. I thought we'd got past that sort of thing now. I've had the S620 since last October and it is an excellet phone, but while I don't exactly live on the WiFi it's very handy to have for things like Skype since there is no 3G on board...

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Presumably its a cost thing and they'll be putting it up as a cheap blackberry alternative. All i want is wifi, 3g and preferably gps, in that formfactor and i have my perfect device ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.