Messages - MMS/Outlook/Hotmail

Guest bingobob

Guest bingobob

I like the messaging app (in the main).

However I have no wish to even go near MMS, Outlook or Hotmail.

Is it possible to remove them or hide them somehow (registry hack perhaps?)

I just use SMS and IMAP email (suppose I could keep MMS I think in case someone sends me one!)

Guest jimbouk

You can delete messaging accounts by clicking and holding on them.

I dont know about outlook as I recall its there by default in WM5 - its not there in WM6 until you set up your device to sync with pc or server.

Guest bingobob
You can delete messaging accounts by clicking and holding on them.

I dont know about outlook as I recall its there by default in WM5 - its not there in WM6 until you set up your device to sync with pc or server.

Hmmm, OK but I don't see that option....from which screen can you delete these accounts?

Guest jimbouk

In any messaging account, click menu, tools, options and then click and hold on the account you want to remove. A delete option will pop up as a context menu.

Guest jimbouk

Ah - well did you get hotmail from another app - ie one of the pocket msn or windows live messenger apps? I seem to recall it gets installed with Pocket MSN? If so, then you would need to see if you can remove it from there?

As I said at the beginning, I think Outlook cant be disabled in WM5 - it is optional in WM6.

Guest bingobob
Ah - well did you get hotmail from another app - ie one of the pocket msn or windows live messenger apps? I seem to recall it gets installed with Pocket MSN? If so, then you would need to see if you can remove it from there?

As I said at the beginning, I think Outlook cant be disabled in WM5 - it is optional in WM6.

gotcha, well thanks...looks like I'm stuck with it...Maybe the tmobile customisations put hotmail in. Not to worry, I can live with it.