Remove orange battery icon from M700?

I've just got a white SPV M700 and so far I'm having a lot of fun with it

However I hate Orange's theme and have reverted back to the default windows theme for the time being. I've got my Today screen pretty much how I want it, but I can't get rid of the ugly bright orange battery icon in the top right corner. I assume its a leftover from Orange's theme, does anyone know how I can get rid of it?

Also for roaming, it'd be very useful to see what carrier I'm connected to somewhere on the Today screen. Is there a plugin or registry tweak to get that to show?

Kind regards

Dave Waugh

Guest Neil5459
I've just got a white SPV M700 and so far I'm having a lot of fun with it

However I hate Orange's theme and have reverted back to the default windows theme for the time being. I've got my Today screen pretty much how I want it, but I can't get rid of the ugly bright orange battery icon in the top right corner. I assume its a leftover from Orange's theme, does anyone know how I can get rid of it?

Also for roaming, it'd be very useful to see what carrier I'm connected to somewhere on the Today screen. Is there a plugin or registry tweak to get that to show?

Kind regards

Dave Waugh

I think the taskbar battery icon is part of the WM5 O/S. We have been trying, through a succession of WM5 devices to get rid of it, to no avail. So far, only the today screen 'masking' apps like Wisbar Advance Desktop have been able to acheive it.

There's loads of reg hacks for other similar WM5 devices to remove the battery icon - and HTweakC removes it.

The registry hack did the trick. HTweakC enables/disables a different battery icon in the bottom right corner. Is there a resource anywhere of other useful registry hacks?

Cheers

Dave

Here are some links to some registry editing for you:

Thanks for those, much appreciated.

Does anyone know if the Orange trinity ROM (with GPS enabled) has the lost bass problem? with the crummy headphones it shipped with I can barely tell :-)

Kind regards

Dave

Guest Neil5459

I use my Anycom BSH100 Bluetooth stereo phones, and the bass is fine. Not tried with the supplied headset, nor with WMP, as I use 40iPlay for music, and don't watch videos.

I did need to enable true stereo in the A2DP profile registry settings.

Guest The Doctor
Yeah, you're right, I probably should.

There's definitely a valid argument for having a tweak section on the new Wiki too.

Since each device will have it's own Wiki area (see http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Device_In...ion#Pocket_PCs), tweaks could live somewhere in there too. Hmm....

P

[offtopic]See my Windows Mobile 5 Registry Tweaks wiki page ;)[/offtopic]

Phil

Edited by The Doctor

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Enliven Fire Ltd

I have a similar problem, i would like to remove the orange battery icon and REPLACE IT with the standard original icon. I have tried several today plugins but not one of them can restore the original battery icon.....

Colin Walker