Bring da bass back to da Trinity

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

OK, OK, sorry about the title of this topic :D

If you have a HTC Trinity, chances are you've spotted the bass is, well, 'weedy'. Fear not however... courtesy of those loveable rogues over at 'XDA-Developers', you can now fix it :(

In this discussion thread, brought to my attention courtesy of Solsie, you'll find a couple of certificates and a CAB file you need to install to fix the issue, which seems to particularly affect users who have flashed a GPS enabled ROM onto their device.

As always, use at your own risk... but as a simple install, you can always hard-reset if things don't go according to plan! ;)

P

Guest Christopher Woods

So what caused this in the first place? I can't believe that just flashing the device with a different ROM could do this... What's actually in the CABs that fixes the problem?

Guest Mikeyz

The M700 is a cool phone!! I regularly use the office apps and have installed TomTom which works perfectly (even on a device that Orange doesn't badge as having built in GPS!! ;) ). The Bass output when I play music through my car radio is shocking though!! I followed the above link and it takes you to a download sharing site which seems to seriously restrict downloading!! :) . I could subscribe to the site and download the file, but this seemed a bit much to just download a 57KB file!! If you still have the file, could one of you kind peeps please email it to me? :D Cheers :(

Guest Mikeyz
The M700 is a cool phone!! I regularly use the office apps and have installed TomTom which works perfectly (even on a device that Orange doesn't badge as having built in GPS!! ;) ). The Bass output when I play music through my car radio is shocking though!! I followed the above link and it takes you to a download sharing site which seems to seriously restrict downloading!! :) . I could subscribe to the site and download the file, but this seemed a bit much to just download a 57KB file!! If you still have the file, could one of you kind peeps please email it to me? :D Cheers :(

Hi guys,

Don't worry, I finally managed to download the files. :)

Cheers,

M

Guest OzzMosiz
Hi guys,

Don't worry, I finally managed to download the files. :D

Cheers,

M

yeah and used me as a guniea pig!! ;)

Edited by OzzMosiz

Guest Mikeyz
yeah and used me as a guniea pig!! ;)

Cheers bud, I was worried the patch may cause some side effects. I've installed it now and the sound is GREAT!!! :D

Guest goodie07
Cheers bud, I was worried the patch may cause some side effects. I've installed it now and the sound is GREAT!!! :)

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant believe how tinny the sound was before installing this fix!

LOVE MY PHONE EVEN MORE NOW

;) :D :(

• 2 months later...
Guest arkemath

Hi everyone

Sorry to bring back this old thread :rolleyes:

This is definitively a MUST-HAVE fix for our beloved P3600.

I just installed it on my SFR S300+/P3600 and the sound ROCKS. (The bass is event a little bit too loud on Nin Inch Nails' Survivalism from Year Zero :D )

An info that might be usefull to SFR S300+ owner, I got mine in May, it has the last Genuine SFR rom to this date, and you MUST install this patch.

Regards :P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.