Problem With Bluetooth and Orange SPV M5000

Guest huddie

Guest huddie

I've been using my M5000 (HTC Universal) with my Orange Bluetrek G2 bluetooth headset for a good while now, and although it's unreliable, it has worked.

However, a few days ago, I got a problem. The people I was talking to could only hear sound coming from the phone's internal mic, but I was hearing them through the BT headset. I was able to correct this once by removing the partnership and adding a new one. However, the problem occurred again today and doing the same thing doesn't correct it. I've also tried a soft reset of my phone and adding a headset instead of hands-free profile, to no avail.

Has anyone else had this issue. What's the fix ? Please don't tell me I need to hard reset my device, as I have it specially configured with a number of apps, etc.

Thanks.

Guest huddie

I found that even though the headset still had plenty of charge, fully charging the battery for a few hours resolved the issue temporarily. However, after a while it started doing this again. It seems to me like the battery is losing its capacity and possibly not delivering sufficient power to the headset unless fully charged. This is poor, as the headset isn't much more than a year old and I certainly don't use it every day.

I've switched to a Jabra BT135 headset, which is giving its own problems. <_<