The ultimate Pocket PC Task Manager

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

When it comes to Pocket PC Task Management (that's process-type Tasks rather than Outlook type Tasks), there are a huge number of applications out there. Just recently however, I came across one that just blew me away.

Let me introduce... FdcSoft Task Manager 2.7.

Created by DotFred of the BuzzDev forum - aka FdcSoft - this Task Manager is very much in the mould of the Windows Task Manager, but with a mass of features!

Features include:

• Process Manager
  • CPU Usage
  • Service Manager
  • Device Manager
  • Windows Manager
  • Notification Manager
  • IP Config
  • Ping
  • Net Stats
  • Registry Editor

If you consider yourself anything of a Pocket PC power user, you NEED this application... you won't appreciate quite how powerful it is until you've tried it :D

The application can be downloaded from the page linked above, however I have also taken the liberty of using my copy of the excellent WinCE CAB Manager to create a CAB installer for the application, which is attached below.

TaskManager.2.70.cab

I've also included some screenshots below.

Oh, did I mention it's FREE? Enjoy! ;)

P

post-1-1173827806_thumb.jpg post-1-1173827846_thumb.jpg post-1-1173827854_thumb.jpg

Guest FonZi

I just need to know.. Does this program include a little button like tMan or vBar where you can acces all your task from one button in the top line? Cause that would be damn nice..

Guest Paul (MVP)
I just need to know.. Does this program include a little button like tMan or vBar where you can acces all your task from one button in the top line? Cause that would be damn nice..

It's not accessible from the top bar, but it does appear in the tray on your today screen when minimized!

P

Guest OzzMosiz
Strange, I do, down the bottom (see screenshot below)...

On the SPV M700 it doesn't appear - just tried (incase I missed it before) - its not there!

Just checked the Memory for running programs, and it seems the X actually kills the task manager, so does using the "minimize" option!!

Guest Confucious
On the SPV M700 it doesn't appear - just tried (incase I missed it before) - its not there!

Just checked the Memory for running programs, and it seems the X actually kills the task manager, so does using the "minimize" option!!

Just checked mine - it appears if I click minimise and then if I open it upo and use the X it still appears on my homescreen - it does not appear inb running porograms tho!

I'm running it on the Ubiquio 501 - really great program and unbeatable at the price!

Also, it does appear in the system tray at the bottom of the screen, whether you click OK or the X button.

Guest OzzMosiz

Ok, when I minimize its not in the bottom corner, but clicking the bottom corner activates it.

If I run any program that fills the screen and minimize it so the today screen shows, the icon is there. Launch the task manager, minimize it and its gone again (though still active by clicking the corner) ;)

Weird!!

• 1 year later...
Guest thecortex

Using the M700 it does not show the Icon when minimized how ever, could it be that we are all using the HTC home plug on WM5 which stops icons from displaying correcly in that location?

im gonna see if i can have a look at the programing in a min see if i can alter it to show or of not moving the icon to someware where it can be dispalyed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.