RUU on Vista: It can be done... the ultimate guide!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Shuflie

For those having problems don't forget step 0 , haythams seems to have missed it anyhow.

PUT YOUR PHONE INTO BOOTLOADER MODE BEFORE STARTING

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Gremlin256
Before starting: Your device needs to be connected to the PC, and in BOOTLOADER mode.

I am a noob. Could someone please tell me how to put the phone in bootloader mode?? Thanks.

Reason I am asking i have a Q with Vista Ultimate. When I try to update the drivers with the drivers from this page, Vista says drivers are not for the OS.

Edited by Gremlin256

Guest dan13l
I am a noob. Could someone please tell me how to put the phone in bootloader mode?? Thanks.

Reason I am asking i have a Q with Vista Ultimate. When I try to update the drivers with the drivers from this page, Vista says drivers are not for the OS.

I found that using a very specific version of the update executable worked for me. I posted about it on another forum, will try to find the link. But basically, I tried lots of different version of the file, and only one very specific one worked (ie didn't crash).

Guest beckershoff
i do believe this works for a 32-bit system but not the 64bit.. is there a usb driver for 64bit.. i found one on xda.. heres the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ista+64bit+mtty but the drive gives an error code 39 stating it cant install it

Hi, I've got the same problem with my vista 64bit :)

I don't have any 32bit windows installed,I've only got 64bit vista and OSX (I''ve got a macbook).

Is there any other way to update my rom?(except of course installing a 32bit windows version :P)

And has anyone succed in updating wm6 trough a memory card?(tried already renaming RUU_signed.nbh to TRINIMG.nbh like described on Wiki Trinity SDCardFlashing but i didn't worked ;))

Thanx in advance for any help or tips!

Guest Gremlin256
I found that using a very specific version of the update executable worked for me. I posted about it on another forum, will try to find the link. But basically, I tried lots of different version of the file, and only one very specific one worked (ie didn't crash).

Thanks Dan. If you could find the link I would really apprciate it. Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest gwassef
Strange...I get the same response with 1 ROM, but with another, it works fine.

me 2 got the same problem and i do not know what we should do ???

• 2 weeks later...

i'm using windows vista ultmate but when i put my mobile in bootloader my pc dont establish a connectionso that icant step 2

when i did without bootloader no thing changed & still coudnt upgrade any new room

Guest Neil5459

Just found this thread :) I used the same topic as was posted on XDA Devs when updating my P3600 over Win Vista Home Premium, and following the instructions to the letter, the update worked OK. I had alredy updated WMDC to V6.1 which didn't allow native RUU updates as has been suggested by some users.

After the ROM update, one thing that drove me to distraction was that WMDC would not create a partnership with the newly flashed P3600. Most of teh time, it didn't even acknowledge the USB connection, and when it did, it got no further than 'Attemping to connect' reagrdless of whether RNDIS or Simple connections were enabled on the P3600 (USB to PC)

Eventually I decided to go in to Device Manager (on one of the occasions when at least the device was showing as connecting) and delete the HTC USB Device entry. I then ran Windows Update which proceeded to tell me an updated driver was available. It then downloaded and installed the Vista HTC USB driver, and from that point all went well again, and WMDC ran properly.

So, in my case at least, the spoofed ActiveSync Driver needed to be replaced by the genuine article to allow a partnership to be set up and run. Presumably I'll need to rerun the whole process again next time I update the ROM, unless MS get off their *rses and fix the problem properly.

Guest PRiME2007

Driver won't install over top of the Windows Mobile-based device under the Portable Devices section in Device Manager.

Just wondering perhaps this doesn't work on Vista Home edition? or something. I just don't get it how my pc is different to every other pc out there yet my device works fine but can't use RUU. MS really made a big mistake on mobile phones in Vista. Yet no choice in OS since I want DX10 features.

hello all,

i follow your step by step upgrade process. and it work properly and successfully ;) :wub: . but the problem is after it upgraded, my dopod 577w still in "red green blue" mode (bootloader), and can not make anything with this device now. try to turn it off and turn on again, but the device straight go to (bootloader). i really confuse about it... need suggestion.... :D :D

thanks b4

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FIREY JACK

i have mpx200 running smartphone 2002...it doesn't see my device when i go into bootloader mode..it loads the active sync driver fine and sees the device when power is on, but once I turn off and go to boot loader mode it says unknown device.. when I try to load the drivers then it says enure driver is for 32 bit.. i have download the 32 bit and 64 bit. and get the same error in boot loader mode trying to load the driver that way. Any suggestions? I have flashed my phone before several times in xp.

Well i must be the odd one out here - i bought my I-MATE JASJAM in Beirut Lebanon

Back home in Geneva, I stupidly overwrote the arabic language ROM with a Telstra (australia) upgrade found from a search engine

this Australian Telstra upgrade caused me no ends of problems living in Switzerland

then i discovered in www.Clubimate.com that there is an 'official' upgrade available

so i tried to install that over the Telstra

I kept getting the message that the I-Mate was not detected and to plug the USB cable in - which of course it was and the Red Green Blue screen showed Version IPL -1.01 on the red band and USB was showing on the white band at the bottom of the screen

I did this on a Vista machine AND an XP machine

So grateful to have found this site, i followed all the steps above and there is ABSOLUTELY NO difference - ''plug usb cable in etc etc''

sheesh

has any one any ideas and can this be done easier on an XP machine following the same process ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Aquinox

I can't get the driver update to get going.. ;)

When I try to select the .inf file it says (loosely translated from danish) "The selected folder does not contain a compatible softwaredriver for the unit. If the folder contains a driver, check that it has been developed to work with Windows for 32-bit systems" :(

Edit: Nevermind! I forgot to start in bootloader mode :D

Edit II: Got so far as to update the first time.. But the second time it says something about wrong vendor..

Edited by Aquinox

• 1 month later...
i do believe this works for a 32-bit system but not the 64bit.. is there a usb driver for 64bit.. i found one on xda.. heres the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ista+64bit+mtty but the drive gives an error code 39 stating it cant install it

If you are running Windows Vista 64-bit, then driver signing verification is on. In order to turn it off, and, thus, load this driver, you have to reboot the machine and turn driver signing verification off.

When the OS starts to load, hit the F8 key. That will bring up the boot options screen. The "Disable Driver Signing Verification" choice is towards the bottom of the list.

Hope this helps!

Guest EddieSpaghetti

just wanted to report that if you are running SP1 on your system...updating these drivers will cause RUU to crash when you try to do an upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I can't install the xp driver, it says the installation encountered a problem - access denied! Please help somebody!

Edit: Disabled firewall and antivirus - warked as a sharm! Thanks!

Edited by user x

Guest sable375

ok I found out how to start in bootloader... power, camera, reset. But I can't find mobile devices in device manager. Not listed when I'm connected as I should be and not listed when I disable USB connections.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.