Ameo launched on T-Mobile UK

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

MoDaCo member 'rikwebb' has dropped me a note to let me know that the Ameo has launched, or rather is in the process of launching, on T-Mobile UK!

The Ameo, based on the HTC Athena aka HTC Advantage, has been announced internally to T-Mobile staff by e-mail, with pricing information to follow shortly. The device should be on the T-Mobile website within 2 days. 'rikwebb' also spotted the Ameo listed on the T-Zones site.

Until the Ameo goes live on the T-Mobile site, you might like to head over to the HTC Advantage microsite, and check out the identical specs on it's sister device!

P

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Hmm now what i have to ask myself is would i actually use this enough to justify getting one. My Universal is fantastic but it does have a habbit of gathering dust now and then...

Guest psionandy

great... a couple of days of excitement thinking I could get one.. then the realisation that there's no way i could Justify the price.

Still I'm still in the excitement phase ;)

Guest foxy11

oooo ;), my T-Mob contract is ready for renewal this month too...

It's a little on the MASSIVE side though :D

Will have to decide depending on the price over the next few days.

Guest Chimpanzee
Until the Ameo goes live on the T-Mobile site, you might like to head over to the HTC Advantage microsite, and check out the identical specs on it's sister device!

Is there a difference between the Ameo and the Advantage. I read that the Advantage only has 8 hrs of battery life! Is the Ameo any better?

Do you think it's likely that a WM6 version will be released in the future?

Guest Sp00k
I'm still in contract on T-Mo myself, but hopefully can pay an early upgrade fee to get one of these...

Paul... I'd be interested to know if you have any success in arranging this with T-Mob.

I'm 6 months from renewal on an 18 month contract and have asked about doing this and failed, so maybe I didn't explain properly or, as used to be the case on a certain other telco, I may have asked the 'wrong' C.S. person! ;)

So perhaps you could keep us informed please? Thanks...

Guest thelondonthing
Paul... I'd be interested to know if you have any success in arranging this with T-Mob.

I'm 6 months from renewal on an 18 month contract and have asked about doing this and failed, so maybe I didn't explain properly or, as used to be the case on a certain other telco, I may have asked the 'wrong' C.S. person! ;)

So perhaps you could keep us informed please? Thanks...

I'm in exactly the same position - so I'd certainly be interested to hear about any progress on this too! Many thanks in advance.

Guest pd.ryder

Have you seen the price of this unit??? Arrrrgh ;) It's gazzillions of pounds even on a 'large' 18 month contract. It would seem to be out of my league atm :D

Guest bashi007

Hi Guys

Just got an upgrade to the T-Mobile ameo for £209.99, the tarrif i'm on is relax 35 (with 25% discount, a promition t-mobile ran last year) and web and walk pro (total £36.25 a month). The phone will be here tuesday , i can't wait . I will let you guys know how i get along.

Guest Confucious

Relax was only a 12 month contract - we're on Flext which, while better than the now defunct relax plans, are 18 month contracts so still some time to go unless they let us upgrade early...

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Heh. Why can't Orange take some tips from T-Mob on device releases. They announce it and are one of the first to have it on the market. Orange announce it and then wait until a month before the next gen is ready before releasing theirs!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.