HTC Herald with WM6 coming to O2 DE as 'XDA Terra'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

O2 Germany have announced that they are to release the HTC Herald as the 'XDA Terra'... but with an added little surprise over current Herald variants, Windows Mobile 6 professional.

Pictured below courtesy of Engadget @ CEBIT, the XDA Terra features otherwise identical specs to other handsets such as the HTC P4350. That gives you EDGE radio, WiFi, 2MP camera, TI OMAP 850 @ 200MHz and the oh so funky assisted-slide keyboard.

While the specs are relatively modest, the size is great at no bigger than a keyboardless HTC Prophet variant.

Check out the Engadget post for more pics!

P

15-Mar-2007_02-terra-main.jpg

Guest Webreaper

Main question is "why?".

Same form-factor, CPU and camera as the XDA Mini S but no 3G or GPS. Is anyone really going to go for this when the Kaiser is in the offing with 3G, faster CPU, GPS, WM6, etc?

Guest Paul (MVP)

It's a lot smaller than the mini S, better keyboard (spring loaded too), start / OK keys, better camera and now WM6... can you tell I like this device a lot? ;)

P

Guest Webreaper
It's a lot smaller than the mini S, better keyboard (spring loaded too), start / OK keys, better camera and now WM6... can you tell I like this device a lot? ;)

P

"A lot smaller" - do a size-easy and I think you'll find there's sod-all in it!

Guest The Doctor
"A lot smaller" - do a size-easy and I think you'll find there's sod-all in it!

Its not all about dimensions, its all about how it feels in the hand and in pockets etc.

I also suspect that once its been released, we will see wm6 roms popping up all over for the herald ;)

Phil

Guest mikeeey

i agree with webreaper. the kaiser will be comming out. the only reason to get this would be if u dont feel like paying a lot for the kaiser. And if u were gonna pay that much for this device the Kaiser is probably only another 100 dollars more so more? why not just pay a little extra and get something much better?

200mhz processors are old now, shouldnt new devices have atleast 400mhz?

Paul if u really like this device then whats your oppinion on the Kaiser?

Also, do processor speeds really matter to u at all?

Processor speed isn't everything!

I've got a Wizard and a Herald. and trust me. the Herald is a lot faster in use.

I was doubting between Herald and Tytn. but I don't really need 3G. ok it's a cool gadget but 3G doesn't have overall coverage yet so I don't have internet everywhere.

and from what I've heard. WM6 makes a device speed up! heard some people said their Wizard with WM6 ROM works much faster then their Tytn!

and 200mhz equals longer battery life ;) makes me a happy camper!

Pigo

Guest mikeeey
Processor speed isn't everything!

I've got a Wizard and a Herald. and trust me. the Herald is a lot faster in use.

I was doubting between Herald and Tytn. but I don't really need 3G. ok it's a cool gadget but 3G doesn't have overall coverage yet so I don't have internet everywhere.

and from what I've heard. WM6 makes a device speed up! heard some people said their Wizard with WM6 ROM works much faster then their Tytn!

and 200mhz equals longer battery life ;) makes me a happy camper!

Pigo

really? faster than the Tytn? 3 reasons i want a fast processor is for getting better framerate on videos (also it wont do that thing where the audio and video doesnt sync), for gaming, and for good video playback.

does WM6 speed up all of this? is the wizzard faster than the TyTn in all of this?

Guest mikeeey
I haven't seen a kaiser yet, so can't comment on a real device, it looks pretty lush in the pics tho ;)

P

yea i dont know anyone who has got a hold of the device yet if anyone, but just reading the features and looking at it make me think its gonna be better than the herald. you can see the comparison of them here:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&a...506&id3=749

i also threw the TyTn in there too.

as u can see the herald appears to be the worst out of the 3. infact, i dont think i can find 1 thing that the herald has that the other 2 devices dont.

Edited by mikeeey

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.