Hermes Car kit

Guest trinityj5

Guest trinityj5

Hi there all,

I was pondering just now abut how to get around the car kit quandry I am in, previous to my hermes I was using a nokia 6230i, with a fully integrated nokia car kit, came through the stereo and everything, lovely job. Well the problem i have now is that I have a Hermes, I want to get as close to or better the nokia way of doing things..

I am thinking that I will probably get a cradle (the 971690 from brodit) which gives me in car charging, and then have some sort of bluetooth car kit... but which one!? I quite fancy the nokia CK-7W as it would continue to support my sisters 6230 as we share a car.... Has anyone used a hermes with the ck-7w? if so, any probs? Anyone got any thoughts on what one to go for?

Lastly I will probably be using my hermes as a gps nav too, does it support multiple bluetooth device connections? Ie having a b/t car kit and a b/t gps receiver at the same time?

Cheers for any thoughts you may have!!

J ;)

Guest StGeorge

I have just installed a Parrot bluetooth handsfree kit into my car and it works really nicely with my M3100. The kit was about £75 and a wiring loom from justcarkits.co.uk another £30 ish. The only reason for the wiring loom was the wiring in the target car (02 Audi A4) made things a little tricky so I bottled it and paid for someone else to do it! Fitting took about 30mins, 10 to fit the kit and 20 to work out the best way to run the cables.

Once installed the kit works really nicely with both my M3100 and the wife's LG thing. sound quality is fine with sound coming through the front speakers and I have had no complaints to date from people not being able to hear me. Stereo mutes on incoming /outgoing calls and the stereo LCD displays "Phone" when in use, which is a nice touch! Voice commands are picked up either from the phone (which is what I do) or can be recorded again on the Parrot, again all just seemed to work for me.

I also have a TomTom gps receiver which works witho in parallel with the parrot without a problem. Voice commands from the GPS continue to come from the phone speaker not the stereo.

anyway, hth any questions shout......

Ed

Guest Happy Dave

whereas I have a Vario II with a Parrot CK3100 and have no end of problems with it. It was professionally installed at a cost of £70 and worked without fault with my HTC Wizard, but I get constant disconnections with the Vario II. It seems I am not alone either, if you search the Parrot forums and XDA Developers you'll see many many posts of people having the same issue with the Parrots, it seems to turn bluetooth off on the Hermes. Actually its not just Parrots its the Audi kits and presumeably others as well. There doesn't appear to be a fix for it either, I've tried JETWARE which helps a bit. The most annoying thing is everything looks OK, its only when you try to make or recieve a call it doesn't work, but sometimes it does. Apparently if the phone is being charged it also helps to keep the connection alive but my Brodit mount is the passive one and I haven't tried a car charger yet.

If anyone has solved the problem I'd love to know

Guest jeffhelm

Hi.

I had a Nokia CK-7W with my Nokia 6230, before upgrading to the Hermes. Although the Hermes connected via bluetooth, the sound quality was intermittent and unusable.

Having done some internet research my conclusion was that Nokia bluetooth car kits only work properly with Nokia phones. So I ditched the CK-7W and now it's in a box in the attic.

So I wouldn't recommend getting a CK-7W.

I currenly use the Parrot Minikit which works well with the Hermes for someone that doesn't talk in the car much.

Jeff

Guest trinityj5

Hi there people, thanks all for the replies, sorry I haven't managed to get back on till now.. so I don't think it would be a good idea to go for the CK 7W, to be honest I really don't like the parrot... there are things about it that annoy me...and having heard one good and one bad experience i really want to avoid the bad experience!

I really dont need a second screen on the car kit to tell me whats going on as i will have the phones screen.. are there any car kits that anyone else uses that might fit my needs?

Thanks again all!

J

Guest Happy Dave
Hi there people, thanks all for the replies, sorry I haven't managed to get back on till now.. so I don't think it would be a good idea to go for the CK 7W, to be honest I really don't like the parrot... there are things about it that annoy me...and having heard one good and one bad experience i really want to avoid the bad experience!

I really dont need a second screen on the car kit to tell me whats going on as i will have the phones screen.. are there any car kits that anyone else uses that might fit my needs?

Thanks again all!

J

thres the Parrot evolution, all the functions as the others but without the screen. I'd think you'd run into the same prblems though. Reading the forums bluetooth kits with the Hermes are not a good idea at all. Fortunately I'm just about to change my car, theres no way I'd install another in the new car, i'll spend the money on a decent headset and hope it works better!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trinityj5

Thanks for all the info guys... the story so far, I took my phone into a shop in cambridge that was demoing the parrots, and my phone seemed to connect to them all with no problem at all, so i decided to bite the bullet and buy the ck3200 ls off amazon (£109) and fitted it myself, and it is all working perfectly, touch wood!!

Thanks for all your advice, I hope those of you that are having problems resolve them soon!

J