HTC S710 'Vox' Preview

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

I was talking to someone about this yesterday. My personal opinion is that the Vox will be picked up by multiple networks then the Wings will either be launched 6-12 months later as a refresh to the Vox (the most likely case from an Orange point of view imho...), or launched *in* the next 6 months or so as a "premium" version of the handset. Either way with the current wave of 18 month contracts i think it would probably be sensible to hold out for the Wings if 3G and/or GPS are important to you!

Guest creamhackered
Who knows how far the S730 is away tho!

P

True...

That keypad issues concerns me slightly, last thing i need is an annoying keypad as I text and email a lot from my phone. I think i'll just plunge in at the deepend and keep the order and hope for the best. It looks like an awesome device, I don't care about GPS but 3G would be handy to stream TV from home etc.

Guest GuyAdams
Either way with the current wave of 18 month contracts i think it would probably be sensible to hold out for the Wings if 3G and/or GPS are important to you!

I know but I want smartphone qwerty keyboard and mobile office! arrrrhhhh!

My contracts up in three months, will probably wait until then to see if there are any developments on release dates for S730. Its a shame though cause I have got an option of an early upgrade and vodafone just offered me half price line rental for 12 months if I buy my own handset!

Thanks

Guy

Guest Samsonite

according to inkino.co.uk, they will be getting the Vox in stock for Monday 9th April...

currently says 4 units left for pre-order from their initial stock order. Listed at £309.95 its about 20 quid more than the Expansys price so its horses for courses i s'pose. I've never bought from Inkino so cant comment on any aspect of their service.

thought i'd share... ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.