The official T-Mobile Ameo 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Look what's just arrived in time for the weekend... a shiny new T-Mobile Ameo ;)

As I put the device through it's paces and prepare it for review, here's your chance to ask me anything you like about the device!

First impressions? It IS big, the screen is glorious, the magnets are crazy strong, and it certainly is the ultimate Pocket PC :D

P

PS Just for fun, I video'd me unboxing it, Soapbox'd below, and also available in high quality DivX at http://www.MoDaCo.tv :(

Guest Chimpanzee

What does it come with in the box? I heard that it came with a leather case and lots of nice things?

EDIT: ..and does it feel well-made? i've been pretty disappointed with the build quality on a lot of WM PDAs i've tried out.

Have you been getting my PMs about the videos? I've sent you a couple of messages over the last few months and haven't got a reply. What's going on?

Edited by Chimpanzee

Guest Paul (MVP)
What's the keyboard like to use? And how much from T-Mob SIM free?

Keyboard is a bit short on tactile feedback, but seems pretty usable.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
What does it come with in the box? I heard that it came with a leather case and lots of nice things?

Have you been getting my PMs about the videos? I've sent you a couple of messages over the last few months and haven't got a reply. What's going on?

You'll see the full box contents in my unboxing vid, online shortly ;)

With regards to PMs, I'm behind with them and need to catch up shortly!

P

Guest rikwebb

I suppose there is one big question....

IS IT WORTH THE MONEY ??

I am thinking about getting one, but I am afraid it would just be a toy, and not get used much..

Oh the dilema!

Rik

Guest Paul (MVP)

I can't answer that yet, watch this space ;)

BTW, the 3 megapixel AUTOFOCUS camera actually, shock horror, seems to take pretty decent pics!

:D

P

post-1-1174652730_thumb.jpg

post-1-1174652768_thumb.jpg

Guest abamara

Oh yes! The more reviews, the stronger the justification to get one. ;)

We're excitedly looking forward to your review though. I'm sure you'll surpass yourself as usual and maybe even be faster on the draw! :D

Guest Paul (MVP)

No... I can't imagine carrying it as my only device, if only due to the fact you can't make calls unless with a headset or on speakerphone.

P

Guest nickcornaglia

Craziness...This phone makes me angry for some reason. PLEASE dont call it a PocketPC. Only kangaroos could carry it in their pockets. I think I said this before...but why not just get an ultra small pc with a phone card instead of this thing?

What exactly is the market for a device like this? Old people with bad eyes? People who dont need a PC...but still need internet and email?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.