Phone Pad T9 on the Ameo, it can be done!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Regulars will know i'm the biggest - fan - ever of the Phone Pad T9 input method, and lament it's passing from most HTC builds nowadays.

On arrival of my Ameo, I set about seeing if it was technically possible to extract it from my Universal and put it on the Ameo.

The result is below ;)

I won't be posting files, in line with our rules i'm afraid...

P

25-Mar-2007_phonepadameo.jpg

Guest The Doctor

[campvoice] Oh you tease! [/campvoice]

Phil

Edited by The Doctor

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Speaking of which, how about a finger-size comparison to the SIP keyboard? Surely it must be fairly usable sans-stylus? (In landscape at least)

Guest Kofman
Regulars will know i'm the biggest - fan - ever of the Phone Pad T9 input method, and lament it's passing from most HTC builds nowadays.

On arrival of my Ameo, I set about seeing if it was technically possible to extract it from my Universal and put it on the Ameo.

The result is below ;)

P

25-Mar-2007_phonepadameo.jpg

I have this cab on my sd but can't remember the name. Could you give me a hint? :D

Don't bother. Just found it.

Edited by Kofman

Guest Kofman
I have this cab on my sd but can't remember the name. Could you give me a hint? :D

Don't bother. Just found it.

No luck ;) What I have does not cover the width of the screen like yours. I guess it was made for 2.8"screen. Can anybody help me.

[Edit by Paul (MVP): Please see rules!]

Just found the vga version

Edited by Kofman

Guest idrisito

i too am having problems with my device nt havin an SIP phone pad interface !

i remember seeing a cab file on my spv m600 to try on m700 but can seem to find it

any help?

Guest novicebhoy

Sorry guys, I`m a total novice at this stuff. You guys all seem to know what you`re talking about. I just got my M700 yesterday. Once I`d discovered it on my M600, I used T9 all the time and I`d really like to get it on my M700 too. I read this post earlier and wondered if it would be possible to extract it from my M600 and install it on the M700. Is that possible? If so, how do I do it?

I`m not a techie, so please be gentle and explain stuff clearly. Soz.