HELP - I think my c550 is dead

Guest paulhbartlett

Guest paulhbartlett

I made the stupid mistake of dropping my c550 on the floor and treading on it by accident at the gym tonight. I think the joystick has been pushed in and damaged the internals. When I switch it on I just get a white screen, with the signal and BT LED's flashing but can't do anything. I have tried active sync'ing it but nothing.

It's unlocked on Vodaphone so I haven't back up'd my contacts in a while. Is there anyway to get the contacts off this phone???

Guest FerretAD

If your contacts were stored on your phone and not on the SIM, then the only contacts you will have is the contacts from the last sync.

Guest paulhbartlett

Which was ages ago....... ;)

Just reading other threads about white screens, is it possible that just the screen is damaged???

Guest FerretAD

It could be, so your best bet is to turn the phone off completely, turn it back on, leaving it for 5-10mins to start up fully, then type in your PIN then press the left soft-ket to accept the PIN (if you have a PIN), then try sync'ing again.

Failing that, its then a more serious problem, not just a broken screen.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't the C550 only have 1 ribbon for the screen ? So I don't think it will be just a slipped ribbon.

Guest paulhbartlett

I am pretty sure its more than just the screen as if I try and ring the phone, the line rings but the phone does nothing ;)

I just need to get my contacts off as I have bought a c600