Netfront 3.4 Technical Preview updated

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Well, it's all happening in the browser world at the moment! Following on from the Opera update and the Deepfish preview, Netfront have updated their 'Technical Preview' of version 3.4 of the browser.

Already one of my favourite browsers, the latest TP makes the following changes from the previous preview...

• Displays a thumbnail of content at PagePilot
  • Change of layout in browser settings
  • Made options on repeating Cursor key action:
    1. None (Regular action)
    2. Page Jump (Page up down)
    3. PagePilot
    4. Mini Map (Locates a thumbnail at upper-right)
  • Reduction of memory consumption
  • Display Profiles
  • Change how to draw check box and radio button
...and these changes from version 3.3...

Improved rendering speed
  • Optimized communication processing
  • Review of module structure

• PagePilot enables you to see the whole page layout, and allows you to select the part that you want to view
    • nf34_tp_pilot.png

Visual Bookmarks

[*]Thumbnails of bookmaked pages makes it easy for you to know which pages to select

nf34_tp_rotate.png

If you're a Pocket PC users and you've never tried NetFront before, I strongly recommend downloading it from the Access site.

P

PS If you think fonts look a bit odd, go into options and turn on the proportional font option ;)

Guest psionandy

Can I run the Technical preview, and my registered version of 3.3 at the same time?

(I'm trying opera... but I live with netfront... and Minimo had to go)

Guest psionandy
Hip hip... ;)

P

and the answer is yes.. you can have them both.. although 3.4 is handicapped by only having 2 windows.. and 10 bookmarks (which i can't seem to edit)

Guest pjam001

I really like this software. To sort out the bookmarks I copied my existing bookmawks from the windows/favourites folder to another folder leaving the windows/favourites folder empty. I then created new bookmarks using netfront which allows the nice pictures to be used.

Am I missing something though as it seems a bit long winded to bring up your bookmarks!!!! It would be nice to set the visual bookmarks screen as the startup page.

pjam

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.