Windows Live for Windows Mobile 5 updated for Beta Testers

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
80db4fcb-78a0-4a50-9a4b-eb6c8dd06404.jpg

Are you a Windows Live for Windows Mobile 5 Beta tester?

If so, then you'll be pleased to hear that an updated version of the (already great!) application has been posted on http://connect.microsoft.com.

The new version adds a whole bunch of fixes and improvements, as well as removing the 30th March timebomb in the previous version. Due to NDA reasons I can't post the changelog here i'm afraid.

Here's hoping this points to a full release for the application... it's a big win for the Windows Mobile platform.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Well, i've already gone through the pain of merging my Live contacts into Exchange, so I don't have a problem ;)

It's worth the effort IMHO!

P

Guest MikeSel

Well I can sign into the online one, but I can't see a download link anywhere...

Must be me being stupid, am going back to look some more... ;)

Guest pmk24
Well, i've already gone through the pain of merging my Live contacts into Exchange, so I don't have a problem ;)

It's worth the effort IMHO!

P

Going through the pain now :D

Guest looeee
I thought I had - but I still ended up with dupes and when I delete the dupe - they disappear completely from messenger!

The new contact that has the buddy icon is the 'right' one from your messenger account. Don't delete that one.

It means a lot of copying and pasting of phone numbers and addresses. Its really only the display pics that you might lose when deleting the outlook contact.

Guest marisa4755
Here's hoping this points to a full release for the application... it's a big win for the Windows Mobile platform.

P

They'd better get a move on or the new Yahoo Go for wm will be out before theirs! ;)

Guest Erk Drey

I am gutted! One of the main reasons I went with the SPV M3100 was because of MSN and it being built in, then when I found out it was missing I almost sent it back. I then found the thread which installs msn via a backdoor bodge using the 2002 version, then an upgrade, but it doesn't really work properly. When I found the "live" messenger I was well happy, then bl00dy april 1st arrives and it won't work. Is there any way to get on the beta list, it's really winding me up that I have no msn?

Any suggestions welcome. TIA

Guest Monolithix (MVP)
The new contact that has the buddy icon is the 'right' one from your messenger account. Don't delete that one.

It means a lot of copying and pasting of phone numbers and addresses. Its really only the display pics that you might lose when deleting the outlook contact.

Sigh, just been through this horrible process. I deleted most of the WLM contacts and updated the IM address in my existing contacts, seems to be ok so far...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.