T-Mobile Ameo reviewed at 4WinMobile

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
thumb_03-Apr-2007_ameobox.jpg

Thinking of buying a T-Mobile Ameo? Then it's probably worth heading over to 4WinMobile where 'waveydavey' (bizarrely an ex work colleague of mine), has posted a review online.

I won't spoil the read by posting his conclusions... so head on over ;)

P

P.S. MoDaCo Review of the Ameo is in the works...
P.P.S. Don't forget to check out the MoDaCo.TV Ameo Unboxing...

Guest richard_d

Thanks for the link to a great review, Paul. You've got a battle to improve on it now ;)

It's getting more tempting, but I hate Bluetooth headsets... How quiet does the speaker phone go?

Guest Paul (MVP)

If you plan to use this as a normal phone, if i'm honest i'm inclined to say don't buy it. It goes fairly quit, but the speakers is on the 'end' of the device, which isn't ideal.

You need to use a BT or wired headset with this bad boy.

P

Guest Markda2000

I am so tempted with my contract up on My MDA Pro in 4 weeks, but I hope I can hold out for the Omni, if it ever appears as I am completely mobile in my job and outside all day the clamshell design appeals more.,

Guest richard_d
If you plan to use this as a normal phone, if i'm honest i'm inclined to say don't buy it. It goes fairly quit, but the speakers is on the 'end' of the device, which isn't ideal.

You need to use a BT or wired headset with this bad boy.

P

A shame - I only make half a dozen calls a day, and use my Vario II mainly as a data device, but don't really want to carry a separate phone and can't get on with headsets. Maybe I'll be swayed by the Kaiser when it's released, but that big VGA screen is so tempting, and it looks just about small enough for a suit jacket...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.