HTC P3600 updates released by HTC Europe

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

If you have a HTC P3600, originally released sans-GPS functionality, chances are you've flashed with someone else's (Dopod?) GPS enabled ROM by now anyway... however you may be interested to know that HTC have now released the official UK GPS enabled ROM, as well as a couple of other updates.

Available for download from the HTC P3600 software page at HTC Europe, the updates are as follows:

03 April 2007,

Operating System [ROM] Update

htcp3600_141x215.jpg

New features and improvements are available with this operating software update.

• GPS receiver capability enabled.
  • Browser improvements (mobile CSS, WAP, Iframe, etc.).
  • Bluetooth improvements.
  • New data network icons to differentiate between GPRS, EDGE, 3G and HSDPA connections.
  • Streaming player added.

TomTom NAVIGATOR 6

In order to enjoy the newly added GPS functionality of your P3600 we offer you a taster version of TomTom® NAVIGATOR6®, containing:

• TomTom® NAVIGATOR6® mobile application.
    • TomTom® HOME to manage the TomTom contents and extras on your device.
    • One free city map (to be downloaded from the phone after installing the application).

Warning! Please ensure you have installed the Operating System [ROM] Update BEFORE installing TomTom NAVIGATOR 6.

02 April 2007,

Network Settings Wizards

Download a wizard which lets you install connection settings for your device (Web, WAP, MMS) for a selection of mobile operators.

[*]UK operators [O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone].

All worthwhile updates if you have a P3600... so get flashing (and remember to back up your data first)!

Thanks to 'yrreP' once again for the tip in this thread!

P

Guest Neil5459

If anyone tries this, cna they post the OS version numbers please ;)

By the description, it would seem that Orange already supply this version- GPS Enabled, Connection Icons and Streaming Player, though the O version is only AKU 3.0.0

Guest pugzi

Damn damn damn and double damn, i just spend 60 squids with tom tom for Navigator 6. If i'd waited I could have got it free courtesy of HTC. You don't get much for free these days but giving you a great tomtom N6 package is very welcome, cheers to HTC (and of course MoDaCo). ALL M700 owners should grab this offer by the xxls for a free TomTom N6 whilst you can!.

Guest yrreP

The version released is only a "taster", so you only get one map with it... In order to add more maps you'd need to purchase the full version!

o;

Guest Paul (MVP)

All you get is 'One free city map (to be downloaded from the phone after installing the application).', so I wouldn't get too excited!

P

Is it suitable/recommended to install this on the M700 version?

Also, is it possible, I believe you need to put in your IMEI number...

Has anyone managed to download this?

I tried today (phone arrived today too ;)) but the IMEI / Serial number kept coming up as invalid, so I decided to ring their customer support....

Apparently Orange has a block on this version of the ROM as they need to issue their own and therefore it won't allow the download / update from the HTC website. Something about, if it went tits up then you would need the original ROM to re-flash which they don't have...

Has anyone else had any experiences with this?

(I know it's only just been released, but I can't see Orange rushing to get their version sorted)

Well, the only real, noticeable difference I can see at the moment is the fact that the GPS cabability is "switched on", meaning I doubt Orange would release another ROM as the GPS works for Orange already I think. But I'm just trying to work out myself if there are any other differences..

Guest dave106

works fine on my m700, the rom is AKU 3.3.1 so its the latest version (and probably the last) of WM5, also the radio is newer than Oranges, 1.35 vs 1.38. Seems to run a bit quicker ive noticed & also the problem with BASS is fixed too.

Edited by dave106

Guest getti

I have a P3600 to review from HTC but when i type in my IMEI or Serial neither works.... can anyone else provide a working IMEI so that i can update this?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest muldoonie
Your best bet is probably to contact HTC directly...

Muldoonie

Hi all yesterday i purchased a spv m700 out right no contract,so i unlocked it with a programme i found on the net here is the link if any body needs it, it unlocked the phone for free ,so any sim card would work and also done something so any rom could be flashed ,it worked for me http://www.savefile.com/files/670304 if you brick yours dont blame me.anyway so i went to the htc website and tryed to put my imei number/serial bla bla to get the updates,no joy seems that it will only give you updates for the HTC P3600,so i emailed them saying i wanted to Totaly de-brand my phone and could you send me all the latest updates so i could get rid of orange,they sald no you have to go to orange for your updates,guess he wasn`t reading what i was saying muppet,so does anyone have a link to all the latest HTC P3600 updates or maybe borrow imei number to obtain them.P.S if this reply is in the wrong forum sorry

Guest pmbb
HTC P3600,so i emailed them saying i wanted to Totaly de-brand my phone and could you send me all the latest updates so i could get rid of orange,they sald no you have to go to orange for your updates,guess he wasn`t reading what i was saying muppet,so does anyone have a link to all the latest HTC P3600 updates or maybe borrow imei number to obtain them.P.S if this reply is in the wrong forum sorry

I have tried to get the download and they also reject my IMEI - as I have an M700, it seems that the TomTom and updates tere are only available to HTC customers - has anyone tried contacting Orange UK about updates?

• 6 months later...
Guest rblayney
I have tried to get the download and they also reject my IMEI - as I have an M700, it seems that the TomTom and updates tere are only available to HTC customers - has anyone tried contacting Orange UK about updates?

I have been trying to get an update from both HTC and Orange for my M700 and they both are just not interested. I need the update so I can use the phone with my car kit. My car kit uses the SAP profile and this funtion is not available with the Orange ROM version. Is there anyone out there who has downloaded the HTC ROM and is willing to share it?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.