Encoding Video for SPV when no audio track included

Guest rburke

Guest rburke

Hi I'm having trouble converting .Mov files to AVI and then using Windows Media Encoder to convert to an AVI which I can see on my SPV. My Nikon camera outputs the .mov file with no audio file.

I've got a great article by Chris Benjaminsen which describes how to convert files, but the .mov file I start with has NO AUDIO track, and when I start the session Wizard in Windows Media Encoder it won't pick up the AVI file because I get an error message saying:

XXXX.avi is not an acceptable media file becuase it does not contain an audio track.

Can anyone help with how encode an avi with no audio track?

Guest Coolboy1982
Hi I'm having trouble converting .Mov files to AVI and then using Windows Media Encoder to convert to an AVI which I can see on my SPV. My Nikon camera outputs the .mov file with no audio file.

I've got a great article by Chris Benjaminsen which describes how to convert files, but the .mov file I start with has NO AUDIO track, and when I start the session Wizard in Windows Media Encoder it won't pick up the AVI file because I get an error message saying:

XXXX.avi is not an acceptable media file becuase it does not contain an audio track. 

Can anyone help with how encode an avi with no audio track?

Use windows media to encode wmv files to view in media player, but

for (divx) avis that are viewed in PockeMVP use virtualdub.

If you try these two options, maybe one of them will work despite the

missing audio files...

Don't really have experience with movs though!

Guest HelloDave

Create a blank .wav file and use that as the audio track? Don't forget to put the audio compression as high as you can, since you won't be needing it!