i600 Bluetooth connection to modem

Guest Pagemakers

Guest laphroaig007
There is no DUN in AKU 3 +, you need to use the Bluetooth PAN (Personal Area Networking) Profile instead.

P

hello

I just read this post, but how do you set up BT connection using PAN ?

I have a Samsung I600V with PC (windows XM SP2, HP integrated bluetooth module).

thanx

;)

Guest Pagemakers

Chucky Egg. FYI Since ordering form Komplett, they have upped their price by £50. Their website still shows 6 in stock, but they are not getting them until the 23rd!!!

laphroaig007: You need to active BT Lan on your laptop (where the wifi is in connect to). Then in your BT manager tell it to connect to your phone. You do this after you have obviously paired your phone to your laptop and turned on Internet sharing on your phone.

Guest laphroaig007

thanx pagemarkers...

my BT is already on, as I manage to make synchronization through bluetooth connection.

my question is : do I have to set up a specific COM PORT on both my laptop and my samsung i600V ?

While exploring BT bookmarks (favorites), I can see a "Network Access Point" with my Samsung has been created. When clicking on this icon, I get only a "no connection" response.

Any other idea ?

thanx ;)

Guest Pagemakers
If you sign on at Komplett, find your order and press "View or Change" it shows what's going on.

Mine says "1 pcs estimated shipping on 2007-04-23"

Price has gone up by £50 but they say they will honour the original order price. Order screen now says shipping on the 13th!!!

Guest chucky.egg

Maybe they have a random date generator

Another £50 is still cheaper than Expansys though, and about the same as I'll pay for importing one from the US

Guest laphroaig007

hello pagemakers

I think I found out why BT modem connection does not work. It seems you have to specify PAN Bluetooth instead of USB for internet sharing on the device. I'll test when I have more time.

;)

Guest Pagemakers
Maybe they have a random date generator

Another £50 is still cheaper than Expansys though, and about the same as I'll pay for importing one from the US

Phone shipping today ;)

Guest neilg

Hi All,

Just interested to see how you are doing with Modem on BT for battery life. I use mine a lot, but I always use the cable since it charges as well as syncs/provides modem connection. Just interested to see how you get on with BT.

Cheers

n