what are the COM ports on my M3100 being used for?

Guest thewitney

Guest thewitney

Hi,

I'm trying to connect a bluetooth GPS reciever on my M3100 with a version of AA Navigator software from I think 2004 or 2005.

I cannot connect my GPS reciever as the only COM ports the AA software offers for connection (3,6 & 7) are, according to my M3100, already in use.

As I know nothing about COM ports or what exactly they are or are used by?! I hoped someone could tell me which applications maybe using these ports so I could stop them and free up the port for use by my AA navigatro software?

I guess the answer maybe that I cannot change my phone settings because the COM ports are being used for critical programs so I either need to change the settings on the AA sortware or bin it for a newer version....but I need someone to confirm that for me!!!!

Many thanks,

Mike

Guest thewitney
Have you paired your M3100 with any other devices, phones/computers/BT headsets?

Hi,

I have deleted all other pairings, so no, there aren't any pairings with other devices.

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

My experience with dodgy COM ports has always been a bit hit and miss unfortunately. Which COM port is assigned to your GPS when you pair it?