CamerAware update Beta now available...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
camerawarered.png

I'm pleased to announce that a new Beta version of MoDaCo CamerAware, the Safety Camera alerting application for Windows Mobile, is now available.

The Beta can be installed [at your own risk] by both registered CamerAware users, and those just wanting to check out how it works, what it looks like, log routes online and check out the new features.

The changelog for the new Beta is as follows:

- Added additional expert options (exit on disconnect)
- Updated auto bluetooth logic
- Updated GPS subsystem
- Updated installer code
- Added full screen mode
- Added support for night skins (included)
- Added support for customisable alert bar colours
- Improved horizontal alert bar reliability
- Updated power management settings when running but disconnected
- Updated to latest version of support libraries
- More menu options are now accessible without disconnecting
- Just for fun... 0-60 timer function added

Yes, this new beta includes a 0-60 timer (under ongoing development). Accuracy is very much dependent on your GPS and, hey, it's just a bit of fun ;)

The timer is included in the FREE functionality!

To get up and running, check out...

Finally, Matt (Dade) has a Podcast interview with me about CamerAware, on his blog... why not check it out :D Expect a cool MoDaCo.TV item on CamerAware coming soon too! :(

P

Guest MARKUKCOUK

Still no updates to the Tracker then?

Personally, I'd rather it was made registered users only if it meant there was development on it.

Maybe its just me, but I don't think you realise how useful it is ;)

Guest Paul (MVP)

The Tracker update is in process, but it's somewhat complex and far reaching.

What are your key requirements from the Tracker functionality?

P

Guest dbayliss

How about allowing the tracker to save the data to a file, and when we are at home we can then either manually upload that file or the software detects its been synced and auto uploads it?

Guest MARKUKCOUK
The Tracker update is in process, but it's somewhat complex and far reaching.

What are your key requirements from the Tracker functionality?

P

* - Saving data locally for manual upload (CamerAware doesn't appear to handle dodgy 3G/GPRS particularly well, and ends journeys randomly on occaision

* - Recovery/Search of all journeys made by Location/Date

* - Allow forced use of ALL points on the Google Map - if possible (I realised it will hammer performance, but surely this will be local performance to our machine, so an option would be nice?

* - Use of the (IMO better) Windows Live Local SDK/tools rather than google?

* - Downloadable maps/KMZ files (if still using google not WLL)

* - Manual plotting of data based on our "Enable NMEA logging" being turned on (This in my mind would be different to the manual upload function listed above, which would be Journey seperated, and uploadable through the browser, and added to our journey list, and therefore searchable as an auto-uploaded journey.

* - Nicer GUI? (NOT urgent, but for others might be)

* - Speed data over journey (Averages etc)

* - Actual speed at a setpoint?

* - Blue line changed to a changing colour line defined by average speed

This is a wishlish, I don't know what is or is not possible. I'd really like to see a switch to Windows Live Local if this is possible?

Mark

Guest MARKUKCOUK
A switch to the MS maps isn't likely, dare I ask why the keenness?

You could convert the NMEA to various formats for local use using http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/, although I appreciate that's not what you're after ;)

P

Just personal preference. In my mind the aerial shots in particular are far better in WLL. It has complete UK coverage via the old getmapping stuff, as well as better quality more up to date imaging in certain place. As well as this, they have birdseye views, which dont currently support plotting, but I can't see it staying that way for long.

I'm gonna go have a look at GPS Visualizer now, as I have no idea what it is! A better question would be this: You include a "download as CSV" link on the plot page. Whats the point? (This isn't an attitude problem on my part - I just really don't know the answer, and I'd like to!).

Guest Paul (MVP)

CSV is useful to load into applications that plot locally. I use mine in MapPoint for example, and I know a number of users use other similar mapping applications.

P

Guest MARKUKCOUK
CSV is useful to load into applications that plot locally. I use mine in MapPoint for example, and I know a number of users use other similar mapping applications.

P

Ah right ok... so I guess this covers one of my bullet points? In that the CSV contains ALL points, rather than the reduced-for-performance map plot?

See I'd like something that will plot to google and/or WLL with the full CSV, regardless of how long it takes, or performance issues. I'll have a look at map point and see what it does, although I'd quite like aerial imaging which MapPoint doesnt do (last time I looked)

The big issue for me would be the possibility to upload manually, and store the data locally, to avoid any gprs connectivity issues.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yes, CSVs contain all points.

The big issue for me would be the possibility to upload manually, and store the data locally, to avoid any gprs connectivity issues.

I've had a few requests for this, so it will come. In time. ;)

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.