Whocall displays the picture, NAME and PHONE in fullscreen

Guest sunny

Guest sunny

i was wondering how can i display the name and the number while the picture appears...

nana.jpg

understood ?? no ?

in fact as you should know, for each contact you have to create or re size the picture... the only thing you have to add is the name and the phone number on the picture !!! :lol: ;) !!!

this way you can customize the display color background etc...etc

photo size must be 176*200 to fit the whole screen...

btw the speed is correct, in fact, the picture appears at once !

:(

Guest midnight

the reasons i didnt use this method are:

a, the maount of space required to have these large pictures (ok, not an immense amount, but the least space used the better

b, you cant see your battery power, or signal strength (i like to know ok :wink: and you could always use a smaller picture (176x180))

and

c, means editing the picture every time they change their phone number (and if its a mobile it could be once a year)

still, if you want full screen then why not :lol:

Guest sunny

yep right !!!

but we were looking for a way to display the name and the phone number !

personnaly i prefer and full screen mode cause, i don't need the display of the iconbar why i'm answring...

( if the phone rings, it means that's the network is ok ! ;) )

but it's true for a "global seing", having a 176*180 picture is better !

(right chewie... sometimes i can't even recognize them while i'm walking in the street, that's why i've put their name under their pics !!! :lol: )

Guest midnight

erm, the normal way displays the name and number doesnt it?

anyway, it does look quite good full screen, just that some of the people i know i definitely dont wnna see their faces full screen heheh, ugly gits

Guest fraser

Who's idea was it to associate phone numbers to the images anyway? Surely it's better to associate each picture with a name. Then you don't have to worry about having multiple files for home, office, mobile. That's the whole point of the Contacts list!!

Guest midnight

fraser, not really, cos what if you want a different picture for home/office etc :lol:

if you wanna use the same just create a shortcut to the picture and rename it to the new number

Guest fraser

True midnight, there is a valid reason for maybe wanting it. Most folk wouldn't though.

I'm at a loss as to why these tools aren't integrating with the Contacts list though. The Outlook contacts system allows you to define custom fields to a contact, for example you could have one called "picture", which could point to the file john_smith.jpg. Jeez, you can probably store the picture in the contact itself, you can already attach files etc.

Using a specially named jpg is a hack and a novelty. All respect for the guys putting this stuff together, that goes without saying, but the way it is implemented is not very clean, is very error prone and is completely unmaintainable. If someone changes their phone number, you certainally don't want to be renaming files in the filesystem!

The whole point of these next generation phones is the advanced user interfaces. The SPV really does kick ass in this respect. For example, in Pocket Outlook, you can click on the recipients name and it takes you too their contact entry. From there, you can e-mail, SMS, call them at any of their numbers, hell you can even jump to their web page! I'm really happy with the way it all comes together, and it irks me a bit that some of these apps seem to be going back to the dark ages!! :wink:

Guest midnight

yeh, i was looking at that, i thought the ringtones for individual contacts may have been in the outlook fields, but it appears that the ringtones bit isnt synced and is only on the phones db.

but, i wouldnt judge whocall on its interface cos its still in the process of being written and so may actually be very nice and simple to use once complete, and most certainly wont involve the user having to type in the names of the pictures for the contacts

just to clarify. WhoCall will be sold with an interface, configuration tool for all user. This beta test exist just to test that the app work.

i don't see the point in making an interface for a program if the program itself doesn't work

As i already said lots of time. THIS IS JUST A BETA!!! lots of users find it sufficient and are happy like that but this is, by far, not the final product

so please don't judge until you got the final or release-candidate installed