Vario II with TomTom Navigator 6

Guest AndrewH13

Guest AndrewH13

I remember when installing, that officially this combination was not supported or mentioned in TomTom packaging (in fact when I had a query on install, having incorrectly put TT files in a folder on MSD card, they refused point blank to even talk to me).

Just recently, I have had a couple of silly route suggestions, trying to get on M11/M25 from Epping kept taking me to a farmyard and even driving away kept routing me back on re-calculation!

Are there ever any upgrades to the routing? Is it contained within the maps? I have tried through the TomTom Home route and it says no upgrade, but then it probably would as Hermes/TyTN/Vario II not supported.

TT site shows a January 2007 update for: HTC P3300 / O2 XDA Orbit / T-Mobile MDA Compact III / Orange SPV M650

HTC P3600 / Orange SPV M700 / SFR s300+

Would this be of use for the Vario, or is it software for running the application rather than routing anyway?

Guest Neil5459

The routing is contained in the maps partly, and in the software partly!

I've not seen the Epping M11 problem, though I usually approach from the HArlow direction. It may be that TTN sees the Theydon Garnon service depot as being a public road and wants to route you that way- it does the same thing West of Newport. (though V6 maps have cured that one)

The new verion is TTN6.03, and ONLY adds support for devices with inbuilt GPS, though continues to support wired and BT GPS units.

When dealing with TomTom, its best to say you have a supported device, even if you don't! We all know that most PPC devices are compatible.

Not much help I'm afraid!