M600 and TT5

Guest grajey

Guest grajey

Hi,

I've just moved from C500, great phone, to M600.

Am I correct in thinking I'll need new/different Tomtom software on the M600?

The TT5 on the C500 is for smartphone and I presume I'll need software for PDa/pocketPC.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Graham

Guest Neil5459

If you have only activated the Maps on the C500 previously, then you are allowed one further activation, which can be on any device. So you need to obtain a PPC version of the TomTom Navigator 5 software (that might be the difficuly part, but I'm sure ome initiative may find it!)

If you have the TTN5.21 software, copy the CAB files to the PPC and run them (GPS, then TomTom Navigtor, then Voices) then copy the map to the SD card via a card reader from the PC.

When you run TTN first, it will tell you it needs activation- you should already have the original Product Code. Select Manual Activation, and make a note of the Device Code on the page which comes up next. Now go to www.ttcode.com and select English, from where you can enter the Product Code, then Device Code, and you will be given an Activation Code which you enter into the Activation screen.

Of course, if you have already activated a map twice, all this is academic, and you will need to buy a new copy!