Samsung SGH-i600 -Firmware Updates here!!!

Guest humaxnet

Guest kuvulmaz
Does anyone have any reliable knowledge on when the UK upgrade to WM6 will be available?

Why don't you just flash your phone to WM5 (i600XXGD1 ) rom first and then to WM6 as described in early posts. It works perfectly.

You do not need to wait for your country's or continent's specific WM6 rom updates.

It is ready and here already.

Edited by kuvulmaz

Guest spacerace
Why don't you just flash your phone to WM5 (i600XXGD1 ) rom first and then to WM6 as described in early posts. It works perfectly.

You do not need to wait for your country's or continent's specific WM6 rom updates.

It is ready and here already.

Because if the UK one is close to being available I would prefer to wait for the correct one to come out. Using a different countries ROM is something I'd only consider if there was _never_ going to be a UK one...

Guest honnete
Anyone has the update regarding the WM6 firmware on Asian carriers? Is it compatible? Thanks!

I already updated mine from Asian(Singapore) to European version with new WM6 version(with Sweden ROM).

And, I set it to UK & BT carrier to use SK Telecom WCDMA network.

No problem.

Guest kuvulmaz
Because if the UK one is close to being available I would prefer to wait for the correct one to come out. Using a different countries ROM is something I'd only consider if there was _never_ going to be a UK one...

I do not think that current WM6 Roms are any country specific. There is only one WM6 rom update file and fits all countries I guess.

When you see the British flag on the update site I do not think that will point to another WM6 rom file designed only for UK, it will be the same file.

But if you willing to wait then it is ok.

Guest spacerace
I do not think that current WM6 Roms are any country specific. There is only one WM6 rom update file and fits all countries I guess.

When you see the British flag on the update site I do not think that will point to another WM6 rom file designed only for UK, it will be the same file.

But if you willing to wait then it is ok.

you could well be right, and if another couple of weeks go by with no UK release, I may well end up giving in and doing it!

Guest ddluk

kuvulmaz have got the right. There is only one file with update and all countries are connected with them. I think that they only create the instruction for the other countries and then give the access to that one file with upgrade.

Guest chrissyboy6969

I need help, i have downloaded all the files necessary to flash with the latest firmware before upgrading to wm6. I installed the modem drivers and activesync 4.5, i created the partnership and activesync connects no problem. I kill activesync and put the phone into bootloader mode then windows says unrecognised usb device and i cant flash, i have tried everything but i cant get it to connect to flash the firmware.

My current firmware is i600xxGC6

Anyone any ideas, i am using xp home service pack 2

Chris

Guest dario_s
I kill activesync and put the phone into bootloader mode then windows says unrecognised usb device and i cant flash, i have tried everything but i cant get it to connect to flash the firmware.

My current firmware is i600xxGC6

Chris

You need to have ActiveSync RUNNING for the WM6 flash. (You need to have ActiveSync DISABLED only for older XXGD1 flash.)

If you already have XXGC6, which is a generic version, as is XXGD1, I think you can just go ahead and try to upgrade to WM6 directly, skipping XXGD1.

D.

Guest sekhar_sarma

I have i600XXGC4, SO your answer to this is that I do not need to upgrade it to i600XXGD1 inorder to upgrade to WM6. CAn multiple people confirm this please.

Either way what will be the final firmware version after upgrading to WM6, ie; what is final firmware version if I do

i600XXGC4 --> i600XXGD1 --> WM6 &

i600CCGC4 --> WM6

Thanks a lot for your help.

Guest 0reboot0

Hi, i'm unable to download the i600xxgd1.rar file from rapidshare, is there eany other place i can downloud it from. :)

help will be much appreciated

thanks

Guest chrissyboy6969

As i had an upto date firmware all i had to do to install wm6 was download the netherland rom, change my phone language to netherlands and flash, once it flashed i changed it back to UK English and all is perfect. One thing i have noticed is the signal strength seems to be alot weaker now, anyone else seeing this

Cheers

Chris

Guest loki_f
How to make proper upgrade my i600 device to WM6Standard

What you need to know before start:

- update won't work in Windows Vista (boot loader can't find files)

- phone must be charged to full (3 bars)

- eject miniSD card.

- get write S/N phone

- don't unplug phone while upgrading

- do it on your own risk

1) First, you need to upgrade i600 to XXGD1 version

- download XXGD1 update, unpack file i600XXGD1_REV15.exe

- connect usb cable to PC, ActiveSync must find device,

- go to options and disable: usb connection

- turn off device "power off"

- turn on to boot mode by hold 3 keys shown on picture below

Resetda2.jpg

- run i600XXGD1_REV15.exe and press start button to start upgrading

asdlm0.jpg

- wait till end after time counting digits (about 5min)

Mine has been going for 20 minutes... what do I do now????

Guest loki_f
Mine has been going for 20 minutes... what do I do now????

Turns out the instructions are wrong - I bit the bullet eventually and decided to unplug the USB which didn't have any effect, in fact nothing did until I pulled out the battery. I restarted my phone to find out that the 'phone' section of the update was still showing the previous version number.

You must install the modem driver in the GD1 package before you try to update - I think the instructions need to be updated accordingly.

Nevertheless I am now running WM6 - and so far it's pretty cool, although a couple of interesting things have come up which I will post about later.

Guest nehvada
go to options and disable: usb connection

what is that suppoosed to mean? there is no option to disable. you can only choose between "active sync" or "mass storage device"

Guest xippon
what is that suppoosed to mean? there is no option to disable. you can only choose between "active sync" or "mass storage device"

This option is in windows program ActiveSync, not in i600.

Turns out the instructions are wrong - I bit the bullet eventually and decided to unplug the USB which didn't have any effect, in fact nothing did until I pulled out the battery. I restarted my phone to find out that the 'phone' section of the update was still showing the previous version number.

You must install the modem driver in the GD1 package before you try to update - I think the instructions need to be updated accordingly.

You are right I'd added this to instruction in top. Thanks for info.

Edited by xippon

Guest X-Ray A4T

Just upgraded my African i600 to WM6 via European firmware. Still cannot see my stereo iPhono bluetooth headset (just shows headset and not stereo) but the bluetooth support for my Siemens HKW-600 carkit is great, it now shows network and battery level, call history and voice assist works! I can't see Java support, how do I set this up?

Guest dario_s
I have i600XXGC4, SO your answer to this is that I do not need to upgrade it to i600XXGD1 inorder to upgrade to WM6. CAn multiple people confirm this please.

Actually I do not think that you need other people's confirmation for this before you try. If you can set up Netherlands as the country in the system menu of your i600, and if the WM6 updater recognises your XXGC4 as a valid candidate for upgrade afterwards, it will let you do so. Otherwise, it won't. So you could just go ahead and give it a go.

Either way what will be the final firmware version after upgrading to WM6, ie; what is final firmware version if I do

i600CCGC4 --> WM6

Of course the final version will always be the same. You will end up having WM6, with the firmware version UXXGG2, regardless of what you had before.

D.

Edited by dario_s

Guest dario_s
I can't see Java support, how do I set this up?

There is no support for Java in WM6 ROM for i600 (nor there was any in European generic firmware XXGD1).

Does anyone know of a good (and preferably free :) ) Java VM for WM?

D:

Guest nehvada

i600CCGC4 --> WM6

Thanks a lot for your help.

i installed WM6 successfully today :P so i can confirm that! (man, i nearly peed my pants during that :) )

1. you do NOT need to upgrade to GD1 before upgrading to WM6. i had also i600XXGC4 before. now it is i600XXGG2

2. you MUST use the admin settings procedure to change the country settings. the regular regional settings do NOT effect the ability to update your device. so if you use the dutch updater exe set your country to Netherlands. that is discribed here:

II. Changing phone version to Netherlands (panateo method discovered)

- type on phone *#1546792*# (or run hidden program in WindowsAdminSettings.exe) to get to admin settings menu

- chose option "Preconfiguration"

- type password: *#81230*#

- select country: Netherlands

- select operator: Vodafone

Done, phone will reset.

do the rest of the update like xippon discribed earlier.

3. after the update to WM6 you might want to go to admin settings again in order to set it back to your region.

Edited by nehvada

Guest sekhar_sarma
i installed WM6 successfully today :P so i can confirm that! (man, i nearly peed my pants during that :) )

1. you do NOT need to upgrade to GD1 before upgrading to WM6. i had also i600XXGC4 before. now it is i600XXGG2

2. you MUST use the admin settings procedure to change the country settings. the regular regional settings do NOT effect the ability to update your device. so if you use the dutch updater exe set your country to Netherlands. that is discribed here:

do the rest of the update like xippon discribed earlier.

3. after the update to WM6 you might want to go to admin settings again in order to set it back to your region.

Thanks to you and D for the solid reply and confirmation. Tahnks all. I am ready to upgrade, but one last doubt. Will TCPMP work with WM6. TCPMP is a video player

Guest jplanelles
Just downloaded and installed WM6 office - can view and edit .doc .ppt .xls (tried only word so far) Why it was excluded from Samsung update? not for it's size, I'm sure... it's only 6mb !

Readme file says it was stripped from original WM6 installation and works on WM5 also. Search for it in torrentspy.com.

BTW I've installed it not even knowing my phone was locked, worked like a charm

Please, where I found to download the WM6 Office?

Thanks,