HTC Vox Delayed Till 3rd May

Guest creamhackered

Guest Paul (MVP)

I have a question... in my preview I noted how the 'down' action on the directional pad didn't feel right compared to the rest, and was hard to press with your finger without pressing the '2' at the same time.

Is this fixed on the production device?

P

Guest Amplificator
I have a question... in my preview I noted how the 'down' action on the directional pad didn't feel right compared to the rest, and was hard to press with your finger without pressing the '2' at the same time.

Is this fixed on the production device?

P

Doesn't seem to be a problem at all.

I've just tried to press the 2-key by accident (re-producing your problem) and I can't do it unless I press the 2-key on purpose, so it looks like it has been fixed.

Also the time from changing screen mode when sliding out the keyboard doesn't seem very long. Definitely shorter than in your video.

It takes about 1 second on my device to slide the keyboard, so it will have changed before you can can turn the device (I slide it while holding it in portrait using my thumb)

Havn't noticed any problems at all, except the Comm Manager cannot be closed when pressing the Exit button from within the program (the program minimizes but doesn't close), but neither could it on any of my other HTC/Qtek devices (I have a SPV C500 and a Qtek 8500 on the desk and they suffer from it as well) so it might not be a bug after all. Killing it through the task manager works fine tho, but it's not a problem at all.

It's very well built and seems to be a device I will have for more than the normal 6 months (unless the HTC S710 (Wings) get released ;))

Edited by Amplificator

Guest Amplificator
I notice from http://img250.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01227pa9.jpg that the keyboard looks recessed a little. Do you find typing to be any problem at all?

I actually find the keyboard very pleasent to type on but of course it will take some time getting used to since I've never had a device with a keyboard before.

The keys are are slightly rounded/curved on the top but none of the pictures are showing that - I'll try to take a few pictures from different angles tommorrow and see if I can catch that.

Edited by Amplificator

Guest Amplificator

Here's the picture of the keyboard.

htcs710keysmv5.th.jpg

As you can see they are leveled with the main part of the keyboard so it's not a problem at all to type on the keys.

Edited by Amplificator

Guest KillBait!
Mine has been dispatched and will be delivered tomorrow ;) woo hoo!

Thanks for that info.. mine is on order from the same place as you... should be on the way then hopefully :D

Guest creamhackered
Thanks for that info.. mine is on order from the same place as you... should be on the way then hopefully ;)

Hopefully but apparently there are 2 batches of deliveries, one for this morning and one on Monday so you might not receieve yours till Tuesday. Still, it's better than waiting for powerup or expansys. I'll report back tomorrow once i recieve mine!

Guest Phrak

Ordered mine from eGadgetDepot.com for delivery to Australia of three S710s - Maybe the first in Australia? ;-) Dispatch expected today, delivery to AU in 3-5 days via USPS Express.

:D ;)

Guest powerupmobile

We (PowerupMobile.com) got some in on the 18th April but they were sold out in about two days. The phone is proving very popular. We get them off the same supplier as Expansys so that's why we were updating the stock due date to match them, however we now have three suppliers to go to and our next batch is due on Monday 30th. I can post again to confirm this on Monday.

Guest Pr0sper

WOW WTF ! That's about 418 € ! You can grab a S710 here in Germany for less then 350 !

Edited by Pr0sper

Guest hanami
WOW WTF ! That's about 418 € ! You can grab a S710 here in Germany for less then 350 !

Yes. But unfortunately the german version gets delayed. Originally it has to be in stock in the online stores at the end of april, but now its delayed to the middle of may or maybe even june?

Guest Pr0sper
Yes. But unfortunately the german version gets delayed. Originally it has to be in stock in the online stores at the end of april, but now its delayed to the middle of may or maybe even june?

EU version will be in stores soon. Expansys says 9 days. German version ? Who cares. You can flash the German ROM onto your "EU version" S710 when it's released.

There are people that care about money (like me), and there are people that care about the release date. Be what you want.

Guest hanami
EU version will be in stores soon. Expansys says 9 days. German version ? Who cares. You can flash the German ROM onto your "EU version" S710 when it's released.

There are people that care about money (like me), and there are people that care about the release date. Be what you want.

Ok, thanks. I consider buying an English Version. Just not want to wait, when the german version is available and the QWERTY keyboard doesn't bother me.

Anyway, where did you get it for 350€?

Guest gcparris

Still not had mine :rolleyes: Ordered from PowerupMobile on the 10th April ! Supposedly shipped last Monday, and then Friday and now yesterday but nothing has arrived yet...

Guest Pr0sper
Anyway, where did you get it for 350€?

Small little page calld momp.de. As I said, it isn't available atm. He mailed me a price of < 350€.

Guest hanami
Small little page calld momp.de. As I said, it isn't available atm. He mailed me a price of < 350€.

Ah, I know that site. Sounds to be the cheapest price. Just thought you have already the english version.